• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help setting up audio for tv-out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toxicrain

Hey everyone, looking for a quick reply here.

Today I carried my pc to the living room to try out the tv out on my Sony tv, mainly for watching movies. The quality was great (using s-video), but I can't figure out how to get the audio to work I tried plugging the yellow RCA cable thats already on the tv-out wire, into every plug my TV has, including the ones labeled "audio out".

Nothing seemed to give me sound, and I tried all the settings in windows. Do I need to buy any extra cables, like the red and white RCA ones for sound? What do I need to plug in and where, to get sound out of my tv while using tv-out? Im using a Gainward Geforce 4 Ti 4600 for video, and Turtle Beach for sound btw.

Not that simple. Im actually trying to get the sound to come out of my TV while using tv-out, because my speakers are in my room. I have logitech 4.1 system and the woofer is heavy, so carrying them just to watch a movie is not an option. Im sure this can be done :)

yes you need the red and white cables. i got mine at radio shack.

you need a splitter, a single plug that splits into the red and white, plug that into onr of the audio outputs from your soundcard, make sure it is the plug that is for your right front and left front for your pc speakers. Then plug the other end(red and White into the corresponding colored plugs on the back of your sony. This is how I did it and it works great. i have a 36" sony so this way should work for you as well. I also ordered a 100' S-video cable and ran it under my house so my pc doubles as my home entertaiment system

PC is in my office and TV in living room hence the need for 100' of both S-video and Audio Cable:)

Thanks a lot cutter, any idea how much these cables cost? I'm gonna need to take some extra cash to school with me (radio shack a few blocks away from it)

Back