• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help to overclock safe.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MR>T

HI

I want to monitor the temp of my cpu.(Not the cores as i have read on forms of amd that it is to unstable and that the overall cpu temp is all that matters and should not go higher than 69 celcuis)

I have treid HWMonitor ,core temp and they dont give me what i want.

I want to overclock my A8-3870k cpu and want to a stres test with prime 95 and see my temps while the test is running in windows.
I also want to clock my ram,is there some way to see that temps to.

Please i want to start clocking but need the right software first.

Hi:welcome: to OCF. HWMonitor will show the cpu temp and core temp,but i don't know where you have been reading about the cpu/skt temp being more important, as that is not the case once you start overclocking, the core temp is the one to watch, making sure that while stressing it with prime it does not go over 55c as that is the temp where instability can rise its ugly head:) as for the ram, i am unaware of any monitoring software than can tell you the temp of that

HWmonitor shows too much information for green people. Use Coretemp to monitor temps to keep it easy.

Sometimes HWMonitor gives the CPU temp reading as "TMPINx" and there can be several of those lines in a group, "TMPIN0, TMPIN1, TMPIN2, etc." To figure out which one is the CPU temp, observe the rate of change of these lines when you first start running Prime, i.e. for the first couple of minutes. The CPU temp line will be the TMPINx line that rises at the same rate as the core temp.

Thnx alot.I have been out of town on work but will be home tomorro and then start ocing and testing .

Neebi on airflow and cooling when clocking.

Hi there.

I am a new clocker and i have been getting info from the cpu forums on how to oc.

I have all the software I need now.

I now want to know if i can clock my A8-8370k cpu with a Coolermaster Hyper TX3 EVO Cooler with the optional extra fan. I have a Gigabyte SETTO 2 Case with al the fan slots filled with 120 mm Deepcool fans and i was wondering how to set these fans(Witch inward and witch outward) for optimal cooling. There is no GPU in at the moment to be in the way of airflow(saving for a good gpu).Do i also need ram coolers.

I would realy apriciate your input as i am a neebi.

I also want to know if you maby know if my current cooler will work for oc.

It Is a Coolermaster TX3 Evo with the optional fan.

MR>T, I merged your other thread into this one since they are related.

Back