• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help with a GPU recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Play games at 1080p Resolution. I want to play Tera online. A dude from another thread told me I'm going to have to upgrade my power supply in order to use a GTX 560 ti so that's probably what I'll do.

I like this advice ^^...

PSU would be plenty for that setup if it was a quality PSU. Im not sure who makes those though.

480 is fast, and $209 is a good price. It draws quite a bit more power than 560 Ti, but 500W is still more than enough for any one GPU system (unless you are doing something ridiculous like 20 harddrives).

Funny they would put a GT 520 in a "gaming computer"...

What is your budget? What resolution do you play games at? What kind of games?

HAHA GT520!

I would go for the GTX 480. I am loving the price on those. $209 !!!!!

I wish 580 3gb was that much now when will the prices drop!:mad:

I wouldnt get the 480 personally. Its a power hog, runs hot, and the fan isnt quiet. I still say to stick with 560ti or 7850.

480 is a great card, but runs hot and is a power hog comparably to the 560. 560 has a chance to outperform it in some cases, where gpu clocks come into play mostly

Back