• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need some GPU advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowtheman

Registered
A friend of mine asked me if I could build a vary inexpensive system, and I was looking into building him a micro computer with a AMD A6-3500 Llano 2.1GHz (2.4GHz Max Turbo) Socket FM1 65W Triple-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with a ASRock A55M-HVS FM1 AMD A55 micro. With 8 gigs of mem.

How ever I don't know to much about how gpus work and what kind of performance I should expect. All he wants is a machine that can travel the net and do hd movies on.

Thank you.

I don't have one personally, but I have been reading about them a lot and I know the processors in them are fairly strong, especially the higher-end models like the A8-3850 and A8-3870K. The integrated graphics alone should be more than enough to surf the web and play HD movies, and since that's the extent of the usage, going with the A6-3500 should be fine. You could even save a few bucks and go with the A4-3300 or A4-3400 which are both dual core, but you won't need many cores for internet browsing and HD movies.

Back