• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need to turn a Hyperlink into a DVD "Help Needed"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

win7man

I recently purchased some software from a reseller on Amazon. :)
The Amazon agent told me that I was getting a disc and jewel case.:)
The end result was that I got a "hyperlink" and an activation code.:-/
>
>
The Amazon reseller refuses to supply the disc. :bang head :mad:
My question is as follows;
>
What is the procedure to grab the hyperlink and burn the program to a DVD :cheers:

Go to the link, download the software, install, and use the code?

What software did you get?

Go to the link, download the software, install, and use the code?

What software did you get?

Hi there
Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 | 3 Devices | 1 Year it came with a hyperlink but in the advert it stated "open box" and the Amazon customer advisor told me that the disc was still in the box.
All I want to do is grab the link and burn it to a disc nothing else.

I want to put it on three machines
My tower
My traveling laptop
My girlfriends laptop
I suppose the only way that I am going to do this is put the link on a text document and save it to a stick

All you need to do is go to that link, and DL the software on a USB stick. Then you can take that same copy and install it to all three machines using they key they gave you. This is a common and quite elementary way to do it.

And report the seller to Amazon. If they advertised a physical disk and didn't provide it they need to be burned. The last thing we need is for Amazon to turn into another sales ghetto like fleabay.

I doubt they would want to 'refund' a hyperlink. They probably have no control over the link to be able to disable it to prevent op from using it after he gets his money back.

Hypothetically speaking on the last part of course, I'm confident OP is an honest person, but they don't know that.

Note to self:thanks! expired again.

The seller offered something for a price, then failed to provide it. That's theft. Amazon would get him a refund for that. Between craigslist scams, fleabay, and the thieving Chinese, shopping online is turning in to an economic war zone. If it were up to me hackers and people who commit fraud would be executed. With a ball peen hammer.

Back