• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think i found an amazing deal ! (Quickish reply needed :) )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, my addy is in my profile, and im using nvflash... but i just took at guess with the firmware, i wasn't sure which rev it was so i picked rev 3 :)

Yeah, NVFlash requires you to disable the BIOS flash protection, then do a few other command switches to get it to flash. Took me an hour of experimenting with switches to figure out how to get the thing to go.

Another thing to try would be applying pressure to the RAM chips. I had similar problems to what you are when I had my GeForce 256 (ASUS V6600) and it was a memory problem; two pins were bridged by a wire strand.

sorry to hear you wasted $50 on a dead 6600gt when working ones sell for only $100. I would never pay more than a tiny % for a dead card. I got a dead ti4200 for like $12 when working ones cost about 7 times more. Too bad he was right and that ti4200 was really dead. I guess all you can do is resell it on ebay and get a few bucks back. Dont ever pay more than 20% for a dead card what a working card sells for.

Back