• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Want a new 7800gs, whcih is better? evga or bfg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eVGA or BFG, I forget which one has the better warranty.

I only have eVGA, they cover overclocking, as long as you don't make any physical, IE. solder stuff on the card, changes.

eVGA

I agree with the others ...get eVGA.
I have the _CO version (OC'd) and I am very pleased with it. I has a lifetime warranty and eVGA has a good reputation (and also an Upgrade policy).
I have been a big BFG fan for a few years, but recently I had some issues with them. I got a new BFG 6800GS_OC and couldn't get it to work on 2 different systems...ended up being a short on the board. That wouldn't have bothered me too much except I had just gone through a long drawn out RMA with my last BFG card. After talking to the tech support, and RMA'ing it twice I still got a card that was clocked way below the one I sent them...Unacceptable!
This may not be their usual quality of service but after being bitten twice I am no longer a happy camper. :bang head

thx guys, im probably going to go with evga now thx, i just need to get the cash, and the ok from my dad. :)

Actually, all 7800GS' are made at the same factory, then distributed to the different companies, who then test and bin the cards according to their QC and put their own cooler/bios/labeling on them. If you go to the eVga forums there's a 20page thread on problems regarding teh 7800GS.

So it's not just Xfx, but warranty is most important. Xfx probably had bad QC and binned some of their card higher than they could handle and that resulted in a lot of RMAs.

Maviryk said:
Actually, all 7800GS' are made at the same factory, then distributed to the different companies, who then test and bin the cards according to their QC and put their own cooler/bios/labeling on them. If you go to the eVga forums there's a 20page thread on problems regarding teh 7800GS.

So it's not just Xfx, but warranty is most important. Xfx probably had bad QC and binned some of their card higher than they could handle and that resulted in a lot of RMAs.

where do you get this information? As far as I know it works out the same as with all the other vid cards, Nvidia makes the reference design and sells the procs, the companies then build them.

custom90gt said:
where do you get this information? As far as I know it works out the same as with all the other vid cards, Nvidia makes the reference design and sells the procs, the companies then build them.

From post made by an eVga rep on the eVga forums.

It's all about quality control. Some do it better than others.

I have the BFG version, no problem what so ever. Great card. Lifetime warranty.

Back