• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED I5 2500k OC 4.3,is abit too hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAmNiceify

Registered
4.3ghz TEMP 66,67,68(normal?)

I using the Noctua NH U12P

I should be lower right??

I have Cm690 Adv,1 intake fan front,

1 rear:Blow out

Top:1 intak

NH U14P 1 facing the blow out fan to suck out hot air and the opp side intake cool air,but my temp stil high,i check my HS,nothing wrong

Last edited:
Temps' are fine. Intel CPU's run hotter than AMD temp wise; if that's what you're comparing it to. My i7 930 fully stressed on a hot day will do around 80 - 85 degrees..

1, what are you using to monitor temps?
2, what program are you using to see those temps? If they ARE idle temps; then YES they are too high.. Even with a hot ambient; that's too high.. If they're load temps; they're great temps. =)

Are you sure about the model of cooler? I don't see anything listed as NH U14P on Noctua's website. They have a NH-U12P and they have the NH-D14, but nothing like the number you posted.

With that said, those temps aren't terrible by any means for an Intel processor.

I use Asrock extreme tuning and CPU and core temp.

But my cooler should perform better right? I seen Cm212 evo perform better then mine

And mine 100+,I felt that am in the lost

Yeah I think he means U12P.

Your cooler IS a better cooler than the Hyper 212 Evo.

But it depends on your mount. And Like we said.. Your temps are fine.

But you haven't really told us any extra info.

PS; don't use software to overclock? (unless you mean that's asrocks name for it in the bios?)

And what are you using to stress test? Download Prime95 and run blend on it; for about 15 minutes. Should give us a decent idea of your load temps..

Is this your cooler?
noctua_nh_u12p_se1366_1.jpg

I didn use software to overclock i just use that program to see my temp,as it 3 in 1,FAN,temp setting all in there.I use bios to overclock it

Ya thats mine :D

Are you sure about the model of cooler? I don't see anything listed as NH U14P on Noctua's website. They have a NH-U12P and they have the NH-D14, but nothing like the number you posted.

With that said, those temps aren't terrible by any means for an Intel processor.

Sorry its NH u12p,the big big onces

You may want to find the edit button as opposed to triple posting. ;)

Its probably in the mount or TIM application. Try reseating the TIM and cooler.

Maybe i change the cooler,but how to take out the heatsink for mine???.Do i have to take the fans first? cuz its so big i cant find the screw

And sorry i kept forgot to use that :p

The person at the shop help me build,while i just nid to circle the things i nid

Looks like you have to take the fans off to get to the screws. But you need to have some TIM to apply once you remove it. Find some MX-2.

Looks like you have to take the fans off to get to the screws. But you need to have some TIM to apply once you remove it. Find some MX-2.

OK thx any guide how to put the TIM corrently???

The easier way and the best :p

any?

I've found that for me, putting a dollop in the middle of the processor IHS (heatspreader) about 5-5.5 mm in size works best. I put the thermal goop, then carefully set the heatsink on top of the processor, lining up the mount on the heatsink with the mounting hardware installed on the motherboard. Once in place, I tighten down the mounting screws a little bit to make sure it's engaged with the mobo mounting hardware, then wiggle it a little bit sideways a few degrees each way to help spread the thermal goop and then alternately tighten down the mounting screws until they bottom out on both sides. After the heatsink is tightened down, then install your fans back on the heatsink. Here is a link to the installation manual for your heatsink: Link to installation manual

I've found that for me, putting a dollop in the middle of the processor IHS (heatspreader) about 5-5.5 mm in size works best. I put the thermal goop, then carefully set the heatsink on top of the processor, lining up the mount on the heatsink with the mounting hardware installed on the motherboard. Once in place, I tighten down the mounting screws a little bit to make sure it's engaged with the mobo mounting hardware, then wiggle it a little bit sideways a few degrees each way to help spread the thermal goop and then alternately tighten down the mounting screws until they bottom out on both sides. After the heatsink is tightened down, then install your fans back on the heatsink. Here is a link to the installation manual for your heatsink: Link to installation manual

Thx for that,i throw away the manual,since my temp is not so high,i will not change it for now,but i will buy that TIM recommend by EarthDog :) ^^
Thx for the link too

Back