• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED I5 2500k on a p8p67 deluxe mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I reached 4,5GHz at 1,325 V and load line calibration at 75%, temps peaked at 62 deg C during testing. I don't think I will push any further, but what would you with your experience estimate I could reach at for example 1,38 V?

I would go ahead and test 46x @ ~1.35v/1.36v and 47x ~1.37v/1.38v with LLC 75%. Your cooling should be able to handle it.

Seems like I came to the wrong place if I was thinking about quitting on "safe" levels :p What would you say the risk is for the cpu to die within 3 years are at a 4,8 GHz clock? 25% 50% 75%?

With your cooler I'd push to 1.4V, if not 1.45V as long as you can keep the temps ~80°C or less.

Seems like I came to the wrong place if I was thinking about quitting on "safe" levels :p What would you say the risk is for the cpu to die within 3 years are at a 4,8 GHz clock? 25% 50% 75%?

I would think that you are going to find yourself facing a desire to upgrade to whatever newer generation parts are then currently available before 3 years have passed. :)

You are now only at 45x with ~1.325v... Plenty of room to further explore the limits of your particular cpu sample.

Once you know how much it takes to run ~ 46x/47x or even 48x... You can always dial back to whatever "4x" multi you feel comfortable with for running as your daily overclock.

I tried 47x at 1,38 V but it I got a BSOD (0x00000101) a few minutes into testing in linx. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow at 1,39 and up. I'm currently in the middle of exams and finishing my bachelor thesis, so I don't have as much time for testing as I'd like :/

Since 47x bsod at ~1.38v...

When you get more time you could try (ball park) 45x @1.325v... 46x @1.375v... and 47x @1.425v.

Managed to finish 20 rounds of linx at 47x and 1,416 V, max temp was 78 deg C. Too hot for my taste. Gonna dial it down to 46x.

Managed to finish 20 rounds of linx at 47x and 1,416 V, max temp was 78 deg C. Too hot for my taste. Gonna dial it down to 46x.

Why is that too hot for your taste? It's perfectly acceptable for that CPU. Also, your CPU will NEVER get that hot in normal use. Never. Take 5-10 degrees off what you get in Linx/IBT/P95.

The site is called overclockers.com you know. We're not going to advise you to stop at low multipliers with conservative voltages. We're going to suggest you up the multi and voltage to still "safe" but impressive levels. I had mine at 1.44vcore for like 3 years. Nothing happened to it.

Why is that too hot for your taste? It's perfectly acceptable for that CPU. Also, your CPU will NEVER get that hot in normal use. Never. Take 5-10 degrees off what you get in Linx/IBT/P95.

The site is called overclockers.com you know. We're not going to advise you to stop at low multipliers with conservative voltages. We're going to suggest you up the multi and voltage to still "safe" but impressive levels. I had mine at 1.44vcore for like 3 years. Nothing happened to it.

Point taken :p

And when i had my 2700K and using for Benching i had mine up to 1.6v range, but at short time periods!

If you adjusted all the Bios settings @ Advanced Mode you could get 4.7 easy for everyday OC! And possible to lower the Vcore a bit more, but that is up to ones self and what you are comfortable with.

P.S. What i did notice is your Ram @ 1333Mhz it could be a advantage to get some @ 1600Mhz if possible!

AJ.

Last edited:
I'm gonna need to put the testing on hold for a while, things are kinda hectic with school. I'll continue in a month or so :)

About the ram: The I5-2500k doesn't support memory frequencies higher than 1333 MHz?

Yes, it does. It is just considered 'overclocking'. Each CPU though will not be able to run at the same memory frequencies. That generation should be good until 2400Mhz+ really for most CPUs. That said, its not where you are going in the first place so no worries there.

I'm gonna need to put the testing on hold for a while, things are kinda hectic with school. I'll continue in a month or so :)

About the ram: The I5-2500k doesn't support memory frequencies higher than 1333 MHz?

True, but my i5-2300 ran Dual channel 825Mhz
825x2=1650Mhz ;)

Only go up to 2133 and no more. The reason why I say this is the price goes up a lot and performance goes up little to nothing at all. But you are leaving a bit of performance on the table at 1333. 16000Mhz is fine for most people. So 1600Mhz 1.5v CL9 and call it a day is what I would do. if you want that last FPS and its worth it to you, go 2133Mhz CL9 1.5v.

16000Mhz is fine for most people. So 1600Mhz 1.5v CL9 and call it a day is what I would do. if you want that last FPS and its worth it to you, go 2133Mhz CL9 1.5v.

16000Mhz would be suitable for a lot of people ;)

Last edited:
Back