• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 9600kf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rkus

i5 9600kf
asrock z370 pro4
noctua nh-u12s chromax
currently using auto voltage @4.6ghz max 65 celcius on workloads (idle around 32-35)

I'm on Linux and the utilities aren't really there most of the time.
Am i fine running with this config on daily basis or should i switch to offset mode or fixed? Im kinda clueless when it comes to overclocking.
I've seen multiple people going over 1.4v on this same exact cpu and even websites saying 1.42-1.43v 5ghz is safe for daily usage.

I personally wouldn't go over 1.4v. Even that is a bit high for that CPU.

Z

Auto voltage... you do't want to do that when overclocking. Find the least amount of voltage you need to be stable at a given clock.

I also wouldn't go over 1.4V for that CPU for 24/7 operation either. I highly doubt you have the cooling for 1.4V full load stress test either. Not sure what your 'load' is that it reaches 65C. What heatsink are you using?

THat said, it looks like you're at stock if you're at 4.6 GHz. These chips should do 5 Ghz all day long at much less voltage. I'd try 5 GHz and set voltage manually to 1.35V and test it.

I have A 9600K that I also run under linux.
For my 4.8 clock I run manual, 1.355, sync all cores.
I can run less core voltage but the load varies quite A bit and I need to ensure it's stable under all loads so I'm running it A bit higher that it really needs.

Back