• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 6700k with low end motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bh5

Not really planning on gaming, building up my pc for audio production.

Chosen 6700k and will clock it, because why not, my question is are boards such as msi z170a sli plus, and gigabyte GA-Z170xp-sli, asus z170a etc wise choice, I can't see for my needs much benefit in going for higher tier boards?

Will run 16gb (8x2) kingston fury, samsung ssd +hd, forget name of old graphics card, 550w psu is enough??? probably brocken 2 cooler.

you can pretty much just pick a z170 board and go, it's just hard to pick a bad one.
unless your running a titan or a fury x gpu a 550w will most likely do fine, as long as it's a quality unit and not getting to old.

you can pretty much just pick a z170 board and go, it's just hard to pick a bad one.
unless your running a titan or a fury x gpu a 550w will most likely do fine, as long as it's a quality unit and not getting to old.

Cool thanks caddy dude.
I will chuck a solid gpu in at some point but will sort the psu at that point, one i got now is pretty basic nothing special

Back