• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 920 + Hypers - Livestream Sunday 5/29 @ ~2PM EST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some 920's hate vtt some love it. So if high doesn't work try lower (1.45ish). And like bobnova said PCI is key to high bclk. Watch your uncore speed too. Too high and MC will crap out.

That is a very common place to run into a wall on air.
Question: Where is your PCIe set?
Set it to 110mhz with bclk at a known-good place (say, 200).
If it posts, start turning the bclk up again.
If it doesn't post, you can try Dice just in case, but you may simply be out of luck. High PCIe is key to 1366 OCing.

<------ Did not know this will try that out on my asus sabertooth. I am currently stuck at 223 bench stable but 224 will boot and run just long enough to load cpu z and crashes be4 I can get the SS saved :shrug: I know it is the base clock stopping me b/c I have tried many settings at lower multi's ram timings/speeds

For CPU-z stuff just hit f7 to verify then upload and use that for your screenshot.

Its also very mobo dependent. The x58a-ud3rs clocked like champs, probably because the simplicity of the board and they resolved the non a version issues. Never used a sabertooth.

Hmm, well I do have a rev1 board, so we will see if it matters. If I get some succes tomorrow I'll probably turn the livestream on between 1-2PM. I went ahead and insulated/etc everything today so all I need to do is pick up the DICE and put in the acetone. My 2d OS is already ready to go.

Yours doesn't have the issue that held the early boards back. Their issue was inability to OC PCIe.

I wish I wouldn't have been hard limited right at aboug 250bclk. I didn't take the time to find out if it was the mobo or the CPU that was getting stuck (dumb me, I should have lowered the multi for a boot).

I did have a hell of a time with the hyper RAM though, I couldn't get it to come close to it's stock timings or even over 2000 (Rated at 2133).

250 is very good. Most of us fought hard to get more than 240ish. 1366 is complicated and can take more than one session. Can't just knock em out like 775.

Again good job!

Yeah it's pretty good for a board that I paid like $110 for back when I built this rig. I'm just even more excited for the Barty (is that what we will call it out for a benching party, ala Boints?) to see if people can help me tweak everything to push out those extra seconds/etc on the different benches.

~10lbs in 6-6.5 hours.

I wish I would have been better prepared with a different OS to try doing some PCMark05 but oh well, that can come in the middle of June :)

Another thing to try is keeping uncore as low as possible (2x mem divider on a 920). Also your tRFC looks like poo :). There will be lots of people around to help at the party.

Yeah memory settings are definitely my weak point in my long list of weak points

Back