• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-950 temp issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Panc4kes

Basically, I just got this new build put together within the past few days, however, upon checking the core I noticed them to be a bit high. At first they were idling around 60c or so. After reseating the hsf it has gotten down to--

This still seems a bit high to me. Mind you everything is completely stock.

At a full load however the core temps go to--

These seemed extremely high and really surprised me.It leveled off about there at which point I stopped the test.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Last edited:
Are you using the stock Intel heatsink that came with the processor? If so, are you sure those damned pushpins are going all the way through the motherboard mounting holes and locking down? That is, and has been a big problem with Intel's heatsink attachment design since LGA775 and they started using those damned pushpins.

I would recommend spending about $30 or so and getting yourself a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, even if you don't plan to overclock. The mounting system is much better than that crap Intel mounting system.

Yes, it is the stock cooler. I did indeed have my own problems with it and I can't guarantee that that all are completely in (It seemed as though each time I got one in another would pop out. Seemed to have got it though. Could be wrong.) Ill look into getting said cooler, which I was already looking towards, even without having any intentions of overclocking.

Well, I would do so since the case leaves a hole to see, but I am not going to be back to it for a while. Whenever I am I will check.

Back