• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 and BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gotcha. I'd go for a fresh install if you're having all those problems now, then see what's up with the overclock stability. Never ran into a situation like that, myself...maybe someone else has better advice.

i can tell you right now, that you can be stable in all the tests, but if you get online and start doing some flash videos, it may crash or lockup.

Happened to me plenty of times and it was my memory.

i can tell you right now, that you can be stable in all the tests, but if you get online and start doing some flash videos, it may crash or lockup.

Happened to me plenty of times and it was my memory.

What specifically about your memory Woot? I did make it through 24hrs of memtest without errors at the current settings and voltages.

XMP sets QPI voltage a 1.4 but I stopped trying to use xmp and set it lower myself. Think i'm better off with the 1.4?

I don't have the Deluxe and can't use the special BIOS. My temps are also not bad, sub 70 with V-Core at 1.35 when it starts throttling. 1.3125 and rock steady at 21x.

Granted, the throttling isn't extreme, 34 MHz at most, but you can't try and get stability with this crap going on.

I don't have the Deluxe and can't use the special BIOS. My temps are also not bad, sub 70 with V-Core at 1.35 when it starts throttling. 1.3125 and rock steady at 21x.

Granted, the throttling isn't extreme, 34 MHz at most, but you can't try and get stability with this crap going on.

Oh crapples, saw the P6T v1 in your sig and didn't think on it long enough to realize the lack of a Deluxe. My bad.

Sounds like it's the Vcore that's triggering it for you. The general consensus in the XS thread was that either higher Vcore (around 1.4) or high temps (in my case, around 85*C) can trigger the throttling. It is a pain because like you said, even a teensy bit of throttling can throw everything off.

Well. OCZ recommended I put QPI back up to 1.4 so I did. PC seemed to work well last night with no mishaps, all while running small FFTs for a good 28 hours total. Today my second GTX 260 came so I popped it in and booted to windows. BSOD "Bad Pool Caller"

Upped CPU core to 1.2125 and rebooted. BSOD same "Bad Pool Caller" during vid card driver installation.

It did it a couple more times and finally got the desktop. I reintalled the nVidia drivers from the original DL and rebooted. Enabled SLI and reset my res. Of course my icons got jumbled again.

(http://www.midiox.com/desktoprestore.htm <--finaly one for x64!!!!)

Since I am passing prime, etc. just fine I think this is either a mem controller or ram issue...but memtest gets through 24 hours just fine.

What next? Should I be messing with any other voltages (PLL, etc.)?

Also, set voltage at auto to see what my VID was and it hovers between 1.264 and 1.272 in the bios.

Last edited:
Normally 24 hours = stable, but I was out. But a BSOD happens for a reason so....

LOL, that can occur, because the temp rised just some degrees too high!

Sometimes, the cooling struggles during the whole run, then it can't keep the temps under control for more than around 30 hours. The temp actually gradually rises and thus goes too high, just when you think it's fine! LOL!

I would try adding cooling to the motherboard. An error after Prime95 ran for 12 hours is likely the max temp going too high by some little degrees.

Last edited:
Back