• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I74770k Overclocking experiance so far

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wambatt

:)Bought new I74770k with Asus Z87 Pro board last weekend started overclocking max 4.3 at 1.2 volts temps 90+ with Noctua D14 decided to de lid cpu best thing i have done in a long time temps went down 18 to 20 deg absolutly fantastic as i hate my fans runing over 800 rpm

Is my poor old eyes seeing this right a De-lidded i7-4770k???? I hope he comes back and lets us know! AJ. :shrug: :attn:

Have pushed a bit further no problem with 4.4 1.27v running prime on max heat
Will boot at 4.6 1.37 volts but will crash using prime
one problem is voltage goes to 1.45 even if you set to manual voltage still goes up
but not as much
Do you guyes run prime on standard or max heat

Have pushed a bit further no problem with 4.4 1.27v running prime on max heat
Will boot at 4.6 1.37 volts but will crash using prime
one problem is voltage goes to 1.45 even if you set to manual voltage still goes up
but not as much
Do you guyes run prime on standard or max heat

Seems a bit much for just 4.6. Increase your ring frequency to 4.2 and your ring volts to 1.1. If it crashes on prime you need more core voltage.

Looking forward to seeing what your temps are with Prime and your delided 4770k. Mine's untouched but hit temps of 100 watercooled @ 4.7/1.4V.

What's the cpu's batch #?

Back