• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G Raid not recognized - Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

karhu

Registered
I have an IC7-G and two hard drives in raid-0. Well... they were... I got a new motherboard, etc and went to work rebuilding my rig. I had already taken my old processor off and everything when I realized I had to put it all back together to get the data off my raid. Got it all hooked up, but now my raid isn't recognized. I've tried clearing the bios and reconfiguring, but still nothing.

I am using the Intel controller on the board (SATA1 & SATA2) with 2 x Western Digital 250 GB hard drives. I'm sure all my settings are right: 'OnChip Serial ATA' is enabled, set to Enhanced/RAID, and set to boot. AGP/PCI Frequency is fixed.

If I let it boot, it hangs on the 'DMI Pool Data' message. If I swap the SATA cables (which is the wrong orientation, but I tried it to be thorough) it actually gives me a typical disk boot failure error after the DMI message.

I can get into the raid utility, but it says no volumes are defined. It tells me I have two 232 GB disks (not correct capacity) but no raid-0.

I really don't want to lose my data, but I'm becoming increasingly fearful that the disks have been corrupted. Can anyone give any advice on what to try next, or what my options are for data recovery?

Does anyone have any advice on where to send hard drives for recovery? I've heard it's somewhere around $1k/drive, but what about in my case where the drives are not dead or crashed, just have an unrecognized raid array?

I suspect you figured it out...

karhu said:
Ah, well, I now have an Epox 9NPA+Ultra -- It's an Nforce 4 board.

But, the good news is, while I never did get my old raid to recognize my drive, I seem to have done the impossible. I plugged my hard drives into my new computer as single drives and ran File Scavenger on them and was able to recover 100% of my data!

My sincerest tip of the hat to the folks over at Quetek. Everyone always says that if your raid-0 fails, you're hosed, but it seems this program can brilliantly fetch the data anyway.

Still its good to know.

Back