• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Was playing around with something in my case the other day and realised that my Northbridge was extreamly hot. Stuck a thermal probe just between the sinks of it and was readying 52C!! Figuring this is hotter then normal for this but why is it readying that?? I have a Zalmen (copper colored) cooler on it. With AS3 for the thermal grease. Never did realize what the temp was before but I just looked and now see its really hot and has me worried.

I did stick the original NB fan that came with the board on it but don't think thats going to cut it anymore. Should I try lapping the sink and reseating it and maybe fit a 80mm fan in that spot for improvement??? What have others done?

You tried without fan when you got that temps, am I right?

I think it is a good idea to have a fan on it, or a 80mm as you mentioned.

Even with the fan that came for the NB was on it was still reading in the mid to high 40's.

deathman20 said:
Even with the fan that came for the NB was on it was still reading in the mid to high 40's.

Wow , thats still pretty warm .

Try a ThermalTake Tiger1 . Been using one on my IC7 for about 6-8 months and pretty happy with the results . Even on a VERY HOT day here in Calif the Tiger1 tops out at 40-42C . On average my NB temps are 26.50C IDLE and about 32-35C LOAD . Iam also only using the thermal tape it came with as I wasnt sure at the time if I was going to RMA my board or not .
The Tiger1 is also nice and quite :D .

For mear $5-10 shipped it was a good investment for myself (and many other here at the forums with IC7's) .

Give one a try :cool:

My .02 ;)

Well not 100% sure what was wrong with it but i had to reinstall everything on the computer and reset bios due to some OC complications. Now the temps are back to normal around 27C. I can't figure that out one bit at all unless something got screwed up in the Bios or Windows to make such a miss calc.

I didn't think their should be any thing wrong with the stock NB HS and fan. Abit seams to put good cooling on the mobos.

Back