• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iceberg I for $78

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Be very glad you consulted us!

short explanation: Its CRAP

little longer explanation: it is aluminum, not nearly as good as copper, the radiator is tiny and aluminum, wich is horrible. the pump is mineature(being its not powerful) and its all together horribly designed.
-edit- and no, you really cannot upgrade that thing, you will have to buy completely new to make it do anything better.

If your really looking to get cheap, go to becooling aquastealth.com and they have some cheaper kits that are good and will be upgradable.

Jon

JFettig said:
Be very glad you consulted us!

short explanation: Its CRAP

little longer explanation: it is aluminum, not nearly as good as copper, the radiator is tiny and aluminum, wich is horrible. the pump is mineature(being its not powerful) and its all together horribly designed.
-edit- and no, you really cannot upgrade that thing, you will have to buy completely new to make it do anything better.

If your really looking to get cheap, go to becooling aquastealth.com and they have some cheaper kits that are good and will be upgradable.

Jon

Yup, I agree.

I would (and did) skip ever getting a kit. Just dive in a make your own "kit" instead. Its usually not any more expensive than decent ones and better.

Hey, some people might be looking for badly made components with little shelf life and even worse overclocking potential 8(. If that's your goal, this thing ROCKS.

Bear in mind you will get what you pay for,with that said if a premade kit is how you want to start then check at either www.dangerden.com or dtekcustoms.com for much higher quality and better performing kits( Although more expensive) you will be much happier, also as crashOveride and Jfettig said kits can be put together fairly cheap and will outperform that inexpensive kit bigtime, there is way more info on component choices and recommendations at this forum than an average person needs, hope this helps you and have fun, oh yeah and leaktest overnight when assembled.

-Milkman

Gasp! Iceberg! :eek: Just start reading about the topic (forums, the main site, ext) and in soon you will be making your own that will knock the socks off of the iceberg. I recommend the fountain cooler :attn: (found on main page) but if you going for portability go for a normal radiator.

Don't bother. I have the Iceberg II. Needless to say, my XP-90 pwns it.

Edit- Just realized that you bumped your own over year old thread :shrug: But that you now had DD cooling. Well done!

Jason Hilton said:
Hi everyone, Im new to watercooling and I found a Ahanix Iceberg 1 for $78 + $5 shipping. It looks like a good price. I thought it would be a good start for my first kit. Then when I know what im doing I can updrade the parts. What do you guys think? Heres a link: http://www.colorcase.com/10368.html

I got an Iceberg 2 a while back, thinking pretty much like you. The res broke in the first week. Upgrading the rest of the components is nearly impossible as it uses 1/4" fittings. In less that a month the only thing I had from the kit left in my system was the radiator. It is so pathetic, that even with two fans on it, when I put a TEC in my system it couldn't dump the heat fast enough. I had to shut it off when the water in my system had risen to 55°C in only an hour and a half.

Buy it and you are just throwing money down the drain.

-edit- That is what I get for not reading through the whole thread before replying. Congrats on the DD setup. Did you try the Iceberg first though?

Back