• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IDE UDMA6 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stirling

Hi everybody:
A time ago I changed my mobo asus A7v600-x for an asus A8V (no deluxe), Athlon 3200+ 64 venice and I can´t make work my HHDD (samsung SP0411N and SP0802n) at UDMA 6 on Win XP sp2 that is enable with the Samsung Hutil software (by defalut they come set at UDMA5). If a conect one disk as master and a DVD record too in the same mode no problem, but if I connect the second HD as slave of the first, this turn to UDMA5 and the slave UDMA6. If I connect the two disks and de DVD (master) with a CDrom as slave both hard disk turn to UDMA 5. I have changed the wires, drivers, etc without result, Any ideas. Thanks
PD:On the old mobo with the same settings never had that problem, both HHDD work at UDMA6.
I wait you undestand my English:p

Though I can't think of a specific solution to your problem, I can say the whether the drives are at UDMA5 or 6, they'll perform the same as the drive cannot even physically meet UDMA5 speeds.

Thanks for your answer. I agree, there is no relevance difference in performance betwen UDMA5 or 6, but I was intrigate about the issue.

Back