• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ideas for Cooling My First PC Build (Enthoo Luxe)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Doug13

Here is my build first off http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wzgcgs

Any way I am worried about cooling my PC I have the Enthoo Luxe chosen because I hear it has good cooling capacities and good fans already in it.

How would you recommend I place my H100i and the fans in my case for optimal cooling capabilities?

Also if needed I can buy more fans/change the case (but I really like the light system).

Im also NOT worried about noise

And finally I don't want to do a custom loop until possibly down the road but im still not sure yet.

Thanks!

(also before anyone says anything I already have a 256GB samsung EVO SSD so you don't need to recommend I buy one haha :D)

What are the plans for the build? Will it be overclocked, what screen resolutions, will it be for gaming?
Asus Maximus Hero is a really good motherboard but overkill in most cases. Save yourself some money and get an Asrock Z97 Extreme 6.

Going back to my first question, unless you're planning on playing on really high screen resolutions you're better off going with a single high end Gpu over 2 lesser ones, R9 290X?

As far as the Cpu cooling goes if there is any idea that you may want to go custom loop in the future either get the Swiftech H220-X because it can be expanded or just get a good Air heatsink. No reason to waste money on an AIO water heatsink then scrap it down the road.

Ehhh I dont wana do a custom loop I worded that wrong haha.
I am gonna do OCing and just gaming really.

Gaming at what screen resolutions is helpful in choosing a gpu. Also do you live near a Microcenter?

If you are set on going with a dual card setup, because those cards vent into the case you may find you need additional fans to keep things cool.

As far as a heatsink goes, I'm not a huge fan of the AIO H20 setups, unless you're looking to really push the chip a quality Air heatsink will do the job just fine and also will be quiet. Those AIO water setups tend to have issues where as Air heatsinks will usually last for a long time. Your build though and your choice, nothing wrong with the Corsair H100i.

Ram: I find these sticks a better choice for the money.

EDIT: be back in the morning, off to bed.

The H100i's pump has proven unreliable in many cases, this would be a better AIO solution IMO all be it a bit loud

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103181

if you are going to stay with one card and want a insane board the z97 Overclock Formula will be your best solution, The Hero simply is not a premier level board

However, if just a moderate overclock and gaming is the prescription here I have to agree with Mandrake the Extreme 6 brings as much to the table for a ambient gaming rig as any, and the price point for what you get IMO represents the best value of any z97 board out there.

Last edited:
This is my build for aircooling
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vjxqrH

I will run the back fan as Intake with the 3 on the top as exhausts and the 2 on the front as intakes.

(Im buying 4 and my case comes with 2)

Last edited:
Doug, for starters if you live within 20 minutes of Microcenter it will be worth your while to make a trip there. They have pretty good walk in deals on Cpu and Motherboard combos.

As far as your latest build, did you happen to look at the Ram I linked earlier?

The Phanteks cooler is a good choice.

If you are gaming at 1080p going X Fire is total overkill. You could easily play any game with 1 R9 290 4gb, if you want all the eye candy turned up on every game then maybe go with a R9 290X 4g. In most cases playing at 1080p the R9 290x is total overkill.

Alright Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it!

Here is my final build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QFwvD3

I changed out the parts and I bought the cheaper phanteks CPU cooler

I also chose the RAM because I heard they are both of equal quality but this one is black which works better.

Last edited:
Back