• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ideas to fix Logitech g502 tracking error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dmbr

Well, I've gone through three Logitech g502 mice, and all of them exhibit the problem described in this thread:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/G502-tracking-problems/td-p/1248810

Basicly if I do a fast sweep on any mousepad the sensor suddenly spazz out and in a FPS game the crosshair will aim directly on the roof(meaning it will just point straight up).. It doesnt happend all the time, but it happends and it shouldent with a sensor that is capable of high max tracking speeds. I have done a tons of testing on diffrent mousepads including: Puretrak talent, Mionix Sargas, Steelseries Qck, CM Speed, QPAD CT, Razer goliathus control, Steelseries S&S, Func surface 1030 and some more.
I can reach maxtracking speeds above 6,65m/sec on most of these pads without problem in Enotus. But still this tracking problem shows itself in the middle of a game, when I do a fast motion.

The problem occurs on both my laptop and desktop (both Windows 7 64-bit), at any DPI I've tried--I'm even using the logitech cloth mat, for which there is a surface calibration preset. I am using raw input in the Source game Team Fortress 2, the only game I play. One poster in the linked thread noted the error occurring in a game which uses a different engine though.

I'm somewhat baffled, and too exasperated to exchange my current one again. I do quite like the mouse, however, and would like to find a solution...any ideas?

Last edited:
I can't help you. I'm posting because I reviewed Logitech's website to see if you could roll back some mouse/gaming software as I had an issue with a Logitech Performance MX and resolved it using older software rather than the update.

When reviewing the site I clicked on the product tab, mice tab and got the page load for all their mice products which is presented graphically with product numbers and noticed that the G502 isn't listed. I reviewed the page yesterday, twice, in it's entirety. I typed 'g502' in the search bar and the g502 was presented along with all the normal info for that product. I think this is a little weird. Perhaps after all the problems that are discussed in their forums page they've de-listed it???

You may want to try another mouse.:D

Back