• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you was to spend $5k on a Photo printer what would you get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hyperasus said:
And where do i buy this 860 I want one LOL... just kidding. The problem he is going to have with Ink Jet is the speed. You can drive to the one hour photo and get the prints developed faster than some Ink Jets can do a photo print.

Yes they are slow, but they are not for batch jobs. Typically ink jets are used for larger single prints, where times doesn't play a factor.

look at the price. That one has been out for a bout a year now (I think). It is also quite a big camera. MP ratings in the 20's have actually been out for pros for a whild now, but they are obviously way more than the consumer will ever need or be able to afford.

The other nice thing about that camera is that it is just a digital back, meaning that you can actually just slap on a different on and use film, or put even a different digital back on it.

Yes such type of photo laser printer exist. You can visit kodak photo printer. They have best phot o quality as well their printing speed. Entry level high contrast laser printers cost from $70 to $300. These are great for general home use, printing up to around 1,000 pages each month. Expect a reduced, space-saving gadget that conveys print speeds up to around 20 ppm (pages each moment). But when you are expert or want to expand business there are printers having $ 5k or plus.
A 17 year necro..... impressive.

Back