• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you won the lottery...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmm id get that audi rs4 iv been dreamin about along w/like an enzo that has the license plate "my enzo" then tha usual.. house, island ~ maybe try buy the playboy empire if i got enough $$$$ :p
if not, id start my own

I'd want a mainframe class computer just so I could smoke all 3D marks and really cook through seti@home projects.

Plus running games at maximum setting with absolutely no dropped frame. :)

And finally all the sushi I can eat! I prefer mine to be octopus but shrimp, crab, and eel is fine.

Dual 2.4GHz dualcore opterons.
2x 7800GTX in SLI
A smallish (~50-100GB?) SCSI RAID 0 array for OS.
A large (~1,000 GB) SCSIn RAID 5 array for storage.
A T3 line into my house.

A few barebones dual dualcore oppy rigs for FaH.

Oh... and a BMW 320d :D

The most ive won in the lottery is $1.00 so maybe some gum?

But seriously i would built the beastiest machine i could think of with some phase change. :cool:

Many Many many of the best computers i could possibly build, for home Lan's.

A couple Delorean cars ( aka: More than one, to replicate the back to the future models, The original car, The Time machine model, the Mr. Fusion model, and the 3rd model from the 3rd movie with the home made switch-board on the hood ).

A peice of land big enough to have my own train going around it...and yup you guessed it...the train will be a replica of the back to the Future Train at the end of movie 3.

A Shrine to StarWars, and FF7.

a Building the size of about...5 girages for Lego's.

And to top it all off...

i'd have me a Castle Built. a Real castle. ( well...with Re-enforced concrete with Steel, Plumbing, Electrical work...etc.. ).

The Courtyard inside the castle would be at least 1 Square Acre.

It would be build up on the hills. Wind Generators would be put up as well on my property to generate some electricity.

and i'd be spending enough money on the electricity bill each month, that the money could buy me a fully new, decked out PC every month.

OH...every room would have a HDTV. About 10 Xbox's, PS2's, PS3, XBox 360, For the lan Console games.

A sound system in the house that would make the owner of Bose drop his jaw.

and i'd have a pepsi truck specially deliver A truck load of pepsi to me ever month or so.

Enough Ramen Noodles and pizza to feed an army ( along with pepsi to go along with it all ).

a Video game collection that would make the owner of Nintendo's jaw drop as well.

Have my own Black-smithery, And learn how to make my own swords.

An industrial AC unit to keep one room extremly cold for The server room, which would have a ton of Computers with enough HDD space for me, and my 4 or 5 friends that would live with me. Plus an extra Exabyte or two for myself.

I'd make sure that Our folding and Boinc team would hit #1 so fast, other teams would never catch up.

and i'd hold a Medieval Festival Day at my castle every year for people to watch Jousting tournaments, Sword fighting, Battles ( with people wearing armor ). and such like that.

And a Room specially made for D&D gaming every week.

Yeah...i'm not dreaming about hitting 1 million. i'm thinking more like a couple hundred million dollars, and letting interest build up over the years, and keep gaining interest.

...whats the use of having all that money if you arn't going to spend it anyways?

oh...and a internet connection so fast, that my Hard Drives couldn't keep up with the speed i'm downloading at.

and yes, i read the full title...you was mainly talking about Just computer stuff.

But there's no need to list it all. I'd have the best of everything. And the second something new is out, i'd buy that.

I would buy a exact copy of the Blue Gene supercomputer.

Put the rest into the bank and use the amount of interest I get from it.

I would care of computers. I would be out partying, ennoying life. Buy nice cars, and house.
Thanks

buy a house in a "safe" area, keep the rest of the money and let no one know u won the lottory, alot of the winer end up with a wacky life cuzz everyone around them wants to get a piece of the action :_

heh i entered the lotto again today, no one won wednesday.

$128,000,000-ish in the jackpot, even after taxes i dont think i would have a problem helping my true friends and all my family

:p

I would go on a hallucinogenic drug binge for at least a month over in Amsterdam and lay up with some high class hookers. Then after rehab, I would travel Europe and stay at fancy hotels ordering room service, and driving fancy sports cars that are limited production.

:p

d94 said:
an enzo that has the license plate "my enzo"

I'm not sure if you already know this but you can't go buy an Enzo Ferrari no matter how much money you have. They don't make it anymore. Their were originally 399 made (+1 made specially for John Paul II (i think thats his name)) and bout 5 have been totalled. And generally people that have already gotten one don't want to sell it. :p

EDIT: about that Sun computer... my Dad has one of those at work. I'm pretty sure it only runs at about 25-35 000 dollars :D

depending on how much i won.. if it was one of those multimillion lotos.. i'd buy my whole guild new computers, along with buying my self a badass one. Along with a nice custom car, and paying off all my tution and loans.

Hmmm

I would build a home in a rurl area and run fiber out to it. Then power, of course amenities that make life comfy.

The home would be build around an intergrated mainframe. The house would be semi-automated. Locks would be manual of course.

I would house said mainframe in a sub-zero room. The kind you need a heavy coat to walk into for any length of time. I would have fiber throughout the house. Connecting to terminals all over, push a button and a terminal opens up.

I would have a gaming center inside the house. Of course everyone would be comfy since I would have it setup for kick-@55 lan parties.

I would have a seperate theater room. For optimal a viewing experiance. The bar would be in this room.

The rest of the home would be connected for ease of use. even the potty would have a terminal. Each media point would have a potty room.

Not much to wish for..... A $17.6 million(US) Home

Back