• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm creating a "Bench Warmers Enter The Game" HWBot Pro Cup Team. Interested?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobnova

I'm creating a "Bench Warmers Enter The Game" HWBot Pro Cup Team. Interested?

Hi all, as a show of support for HWBot's Pro Cup, as well as For The Lols and For The Glory, I'm going to be creating a Pro Cup team for myself. If anybody (and I do mean anybody, mind you. Not necessarily restricted to OCF benching team) wants to join me in my Grand Quest to Not Be Last, post here!
I'm short on high power GPUs, so I'm hoping I can find at least one person for that. LN2/DIce is not strictly necessary, if you can cough up a solid score without it, that's fine with me!
Like I said, the goal is to not be last.

The benchmarks for this Pro Cup are, SPI32m, 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme (single GPU), CPUz Memory Frequency, 3D11 Performance (no limitations), and Cinebench 11.5.

Got a good score and want to be counted as a Pro for two months (plus the remainder of this month)? PM me and/or post here!
Registration for this round closes at the end of the month (in Belgium time, mind you). Two months later it opens up again. While you are in the Pro Cup your points still count for your normal team, the only thing you lose is your official ranking in Enthusiast or XOC. You get it back instantly when you finish the Pro Cup round and leave the Pro Cup team.

Who's with me!? :rock:

That's regular Fire Strike, not Fire Strike Extreme. They didn't make things overly obvious on that one.

Something in the 5k range in Fire Strike Extreme looks like it has a decent chance of not being last. That'll take more GPU horsepower than I have though :D

Still, as of right now, we (i, really...) aren't last!

Hm... This is enticing! My 7970s could use some stretching. Still need to get a better PSU I think. I can't tell if I'm going to put this one over the edge any day now. :-/

I will participate if you don't have the number of required people. I cannot promise top results, but I will do whatever I can. I do need a good excuse to buy something excessive.

If you are struggling for numbers on 2D give me a shout and I will see if I can chip in with something but as far as 3D goes, I'm a lost cause I'm afraid :rain:

Six days is more time than we tend to spend on entire competitions, LOTS of time for people to do a 3d run or two to gauge where they're at in the 3d bits and let me know.

Its 66 days isn't it ! According to the bot anyway

Edit: scratch that ... It says 66 days left in the comp layout yet it ends on the 1st of April ??? Go figure !

In six days the team roster is locked. It stays locked until the end of the comp, two months after that.
Then there's a one month Open Season for player trading and such, then the teams are fixed again for two months of SRSBSNS OCing.

Ill see what I can muster in 3d11 and 3d Firestrike with my watercooled soft modded 670.

Excellent.
If I get enough people I'll organize a Third String team, too!

Back