• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm Gonna Lose It! Help Me Decide on Fans!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noname2020x

Ok, so I want to make my case quieter, but not at the risk of being uglier. This makes it difficult for me to opt for Noctuas (how noticeable will they be on my CPU cooler when I have case LEDs on?) . That said, I want my CPU to be nice and cool, which makes it difficult for me to opt for Gentle Typhoons. I just don't know what to do anymore. :facepalm: Please let me know if you know of any decent looking fans that I can cool my CPU with that are silent.

I have 2 120mm slots, 1 120mm CPU fan jobber, and 3 80mm slots.

PS: will putting a higher static pressure and more directed flow fan help cool my graphics card more (when the fan is a side case fan)? Cuz right now the one I have has a good 70CFM and it doesn't do squat.

PSS: and then there is this option which just puts all of my cash from getting new fans into cooling my cpu. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...hBargains-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16835106190 ---------- ugh just realized I can't even fit this sucker cuz the double rad is, well, double.

Last edited:
You want decent cooling or performance?

I hear Snookie sells some nice fans. They are New Jersy pretty.

You choose.

That was of little help, but I realize your point. I'm trying to find a happy medium between noise and cooling and TBH, I don't push my PC very hard most of the time so I'm leaning toward noise at this point. I also look at my screen more than my case, but it never hurts to remember that box near me is pretty. :D

yeah, got 4 yate loons (from xoxide). push pull on my CPU and 2 for the top.. that takes care of the 120mm. if I don't like them, not biggie. cheap cheap cheap =)

update: got 3 more yate loons for 80mm. (on ebay, they didnt have any mediums on any other sites)

hopefully i like em (crosses fingers)

Last edited:
I highly doubt you'll have issues with YLs... They're not flashy/shinny, but they move air and are relatively quiet... And for the price; you can't beat them with a stick.

Back