• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm hooked on WOW O_O

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm so glad the era of free epic is somewhat over. "Oh, you hit max-level, here is a full set of purples!"

+1 this. I remember in WotLK it was so easy to do ICC normal that almost anyway could be fully geared in a month or less. When Cata came out, people had to do some CC :eek: we couldn't just faceroll through *normal* dungeon anymore.

I left WoW however because it was getting boring as things became easier at 85, moonkin usually WTFPWN in PVP, and I could break 20k burst dps on single target. All this before the planned 4.1 patch that would have nerfed us druids.

Sure...:shrug:

Sorry I don't play WoW and never had. My interest is if any of you WoW guys think they will ever make a new one or just keep expanding the initial game?

They'll probably never make a new one. I've heard rumors that there are plans to update models and graphics to make them more current and on par with recent games, we'll see

That was already done a couple years ago when they put out Cata. The whole objective according to them at the time was to completely overhaul the game and areas within the game. Also I thought this was a current thread till I saw pwnmachine say it was necrod.

:eek: MFW this thread is from 2007.

:D and yes it was revamped for cata. But as i said there are rumors of more model updates (i.e. Updating race models an such) as well as other graphical updates.

Are you guys trying to ruin my life again :confused:

LOL, JK

I found it that the best way to quit WoW is to play it as much as you can and eventually you'll get burned out to the point where you can't even look at the log-in screen for more than 5sec. That's pretty much what happened to me. I got MoP, played it for like 2 weeks and just couldn't do it anymore.

But this thread brings out a lot of good memories. Just looking back at the first page makes me ROFL of how much of a noob I was and my journey from a scrub to joining a top guild on the server (we were top 50 US at one point). Its been a good journey but WoW as a game has peeked a long time ago and they need to do something new and drastic if they want to resurrect this franchise.

This is not to say that WoW is a bad game, its still to this day my 2nd favorite game of all time (behind Metal Gear Solid) and its the game that I had most fun playing (EVER) but if they want to lure back some of the veterans players that got burned out they need to do something more than adding new talents, bosses...

Are you guys trying to ruin my life again :confused:

LOL, JK

I found it that the best way to quit WoW is to play it as much as you can and eventually you'll get burned out to the point where you can't even look at the log-in screen for more than 5sec. That's pretty much what happened to me. I got MoP, played it for like 2 weeks and just couldn't do it anymore.

But this thread brings out a lot of good memories. Just looking back at the first page makes me ROFL of how much of a noob I was and my journey from a scrub to joining a top guild on the server (we were top 50 US at one point). Its been a good journey but WoW as a game has peeked a long time ago and they need to do something new and drastic if they want to resurrect this franchise.

This is not to say that WoW is a bad game, its still to this day my 2nd favorite game of all time (behind Metal Gear Solid) and its the game that I had most fun playing (EVER) but if they want to lure back some of the veterans players that got burned out they need to do something more than adding new talents, bosses...

Or simply come back to the "good old times" with the old honor system, old pvp stats (resilience took a big part in the killing of PVP imho), raids like AQ or naxx 40 (that I never finished, we were stuck on kel 'thuzad), reduces the amount of epic loot and keep it for high level raids only.
I don't know but WoW tends to be a great game a while ago and is no longer for whatever the reason bli² destroyed what made the success of this game.
I am asking: wouldn't just rebuilt what was when it was a great game make WoW become great again? :shrug:

the popuilation of wow has changed since vanilla, it wants different things.

If they rereleased an updated vanilla expansion now their user base would plummet and most of the population would moan
most hardcore players left long ago. Everyone playing now would moan if they couldnt at least access the top 10% of gear. If you made it so a pug group couldnt clear any raid (like vanilla) and only 1, maybe 2 guilds per realm cleared all content there would be uproar.

My favoritye time was vanilla, TBC leveling I enjoyed, raiding got dull fast, but it is probably less to do with the rtaids, more as I had burend out (like the rest of my guild did) at being the best. Naxx40 took so much time/effort to clear we just couldnt be bothered with tbc raids.

wotlk was great as a casual player. Could clear every boss (inc heroic) in the game even when unguilded. cata and mop I have no clue about though, not even temped to pick them up and try

Eh. Supposedly, according to the product release timeline that Bliz leaked a few years back, they've only got one or two more expansions in store for WoW, then it's on to whatever Project Titan reveals itself to be.

Eh. Supposedly, according to the product release timeline that Bliz leaked a few years back, they've only got one or two more expansions in store for WoW, then it's on to whatever Project Titan reveals itself to be.

Only way I'll ever go back to another MMO is if Titan turns out to be MMO set in Diablo universe :shock:

the popuilation of wow has changed since vanilla, it wants different things.

If they rereleased an updated vanilla expansion now their user base would plummet and most of the population would moan
most hardcore players left long ago. Everyone playing now would moan if they couldnt at least access the top 10% of gear. If you made it so a pug group couldnt clear any raid (like vanilla) and only 1, maybe 2 guilds per realm cleared all content there would be uproar.

My favoritye time was vanilla, TBC leveling I enjoyed, raiding got dull fast, but it is probably less to do with the rtaids, more as I had burend out (like the rest of my guild did) at being the best. Naxx40 took so much time/effort to clear we just couldnt be bothered with tbc raids.

wotlk was great as a casual player. Could clear every boss (inc heroic) in the game even when unguilded. cata and mop I have no clue about though, not even temped to pick them up and try

I started playing WoW couple of months after TBC was released, right around Black Temple patch and can't speak of how intense previous content was but for my money it doesn't get better than Black Temple. My favorite instance by far. When I hit 70 (at least I think that was max lvl in TBC :D) I thought Kara was really hard and impossible to beat and had no idea there were bigger instances in the game. But as I started playing more I started hearing people talking about these SUPER HARD 25 man raids that have the most epic loot and to be honest that's what kept my interest in the game. I started doing research about my class (Mage at the time), all the instances, what the best gear was available for me to get... I remember farming motes of fire for like a month (5-6 hour per day) to craft that Fire Set that Mages used. I just kept my interest in the game. Eventually I got a try out with the top guild on the server (only guild that was clearing SSC, TK, and Hyjal, 2nd closest guild was working on like 3rd boss in SSC :p). When I eventually earned my spot on their 25 man roster that was by far the most fun I had playing a game. Progressing through Black Temple was really hard at the time but never the less a lot of fun. I remember when we got the first Illidan kill people on the server started freaking out and I was getting spammed with tells from people that I knew from my old guild of how on Earth did we kill him, what was the fight like, what loot did we get...

Now you can just que up randomly and go kill the hardest boss in the game in like an hour :-/ I stopped raiding shortly after WoTLK came out and focused mainly on PvP. I did a lot of Arena through the entire x-pac and up through Cata which was a lot of fun if not more than raiding. But even that started to get old as there were no more challenges left in the game and most people have left by now and so did I.

Sorry for the long write up, but yea Blizzard started catering WoW a lot more towards casuals after TBC which drove a lot more players away. There was just nothing left to keep your interest in the game anymore. You can form a pug group on the server, go clear all the instances in the matter of hours and be left with nothing else to do for the rest of the week. Before you had to plan out your week as to when to farm for your flask/potions mats, farm outside main raid for other gear, prepare for main raid and possibly new boss... It was a lot of stuff to keep track of but in the end all the hard work paid off and that kept the game interesting for me for a LONG time, but those days are long gone now :(

I started playing WoW couple of months after TBC was released, right around Black Temple patch and can't speak of how intense previous content was but for my money it doesn't get better than Black Temple. My favorite instance by far. When I hit 70 (at least I think that was max lvl in TBC :D) I thought Kara was really hard and impossible to beat and had no idea there were bigger instances in the game. But as I started playing more I started hearing people talking about these SUPER HARD 25 man raids that have the most epic loot and to be honest that's what kept my interest in the game. I started doing research about my class (Mage at the time), all the instances, what the best gear was available for me to get... I remember farming motes of fire for like a month (5-6 hour per day) to craft that Fire Set that Mages used. I just kept my interest in the game. Eventually I got a try out with the top guild on the server (only guild that was clearing SSC, TK, and Hyjal, 2nd closest guild was working on like 3rd boss in SSC :p). When I eventually earned my spot on their 25 man roster that was by far the most fun I had playing a game. Progressing through Black Temple was really hard at the time but never the less a lot of fun. I remember when we got the first Illidan kill people on the server started freaking out and I was getting spammed with tells from people that I knew from my old guild of how on Earth did we kill him, what was the fight like, what loot did we get...

Now you can just que up randomly and go kill the hardest boss in the game in like an hour :-/ I stopped raiding shortly after WoTLK came out and focused mainly on PvP. I did a lot of Arena through the entire x-pac and up through Cata which was a lot of fun if not more than raiding. But even that started to get old as there were no more challenges left in the game and most people have left by now and so did I.

Sorry for the long write up, but yea Blizzard started catering WoW a lot more towards casuals after TBC which drove a lot more players away. There was just nothing left to keep your interest in the game anymore. You can form a pug group on the server, go clear all the instances in the matter of hours and be left with nothing else to do for the rest of the week. Before you had to plan out your week as to when to farm for your flask/potions mats, farm outside main raid for other gear, prepare for main raid and possibly new boss... It was a lot of stuff to keep track of but in the end all the hard work paid off and that kept the game interesting for me for a LONG time, but those days are long gone now :(

My sentiments exactly :) just looks like you had the same impression from TBC as I had in vanilla. I had kinda burned out on vanilla so only occasionally came back to help some high end guilds in new content in TBC.

I remmeber leveling not having a clue Molten core existed, my leveling mate leveled a bit faster than me and got into a newly formed guild on the server which alot of people I knew were in (knew them from endless duels outside IF :) nothing like beating 90% of lvl 60 rogues when lvl 40-45 and having beaten ~80% of lvl 60s by ~lvl 50. I loved the duels outside IF was always a fun way to pass 30mins.

So they went to molten core, and I would hear odd reports and see links to the odd epic, needless to say I wanted to go. Took a bit of convincing as they were full on hunters, so I remember scavenging the lvl 60 dungeons for all the blues I could get. Till I got my invite, nothing prepared me for the scale of raids. That was the point I got hooked, before then I would say I just enjoyed the game, post starting to raid I got addicted. Playing catch up to the top alliance guild at the time and overtaking them, then an intense game of cat and mouse with the top horde guild right up to about 3/4 of the way through BWL. To server 1st Nefarion kill, no other gaming moment beats server 1sts (we never could quite compete for world 1sts, I think at our peak we were around 27th 1/2 way through naxx).

I loved walking into encounters knowing there is no tactics on the internet to help you yet, no hard and fast way to beat the boss. I loved having 40 people discuss 'what happens if we tank the boss there' or move him like 'X' wiping and deciding that idea sucked, and trying a new one. I think we tanked Chromagus nearly everywhere within BWL trying different LoS corners, trying to find a magic solution.

Even clearing our way through cleared content was fun, as a hunter speed pulling molten core with a stop clock running trying to beat your own records. Getting the healers screaming for mana as yet another pair of giants come coliding into the tanks as I feign death ;) The that odd time when you miss judge an aggro range and pull 2 packs at once and your stomach sinks! (thats alright, feign death+get naked macro worked a charm saved me thousands on gold repair costs)

bah, I do miss those days.

Back