• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im new here and need help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well the PC turns on but there is no beeping or humming(exept for the intake and exaust fans) as the normal start-up procedure would do and the moniter says its not getting a signal

What did you do? What components do you have (motherboard, cpu, ram, psu, etc...)? What exactly is the problem now?

i went into the BIOS went to voltage control, and went to CPU clock i think it was and changed it from whet ever ith was (100*133/.25+- i think) to 101*133/off or N\A i think i got those right
motherboard is a MS-something
not sure about the rest cause i dident build it

do u have the manual? u need to reset the cmos to claear any setings that arnt working / preventing it from booting.
the cmos is reset with a jumper.
the manual will tell u how to do this.

You may be able to download a manual from the motherboard producers website if you have not got one, the model number should be printed somewhere on the board itself

Many times, shutting down the power from the powersupply (or unplug the pc) for 10+ seconds (20-30) to be super safe and that might be able to help you boot.

or the better way is just to use the reset jumper like the previous post said.

If you can't find your manual, and really can't boot at all, the last resort is the take out the batteries on your motherboard for a couple of seconds and then put it back in and that will reset your bios as well.

You should really look up what motherboard and ram you have, for us to be able to help you. Most of the time the ram will have a sticker telling you what speed it runs at.

Motherboards don't always tell you what model your using. If your lucky, it should be printed right on it. Otherwise, finding what chipset it runs and what manufacturer (msi maybe?), you can narrow it down quite a bit from their website.

Anyway, I also have a duron I want to overclock. I don't remember exactly what model my board is either and don't want to look it up right now cuz i'm at work (shhhh), but its the asus board with the nforce chipset. Its not the full size board but the one for the mini-towers. I have pc2100 ram in it and its an duron 950. Any ideas. I don't seem to get any overclocking options, so maybe its just the board.

there are batts in the motherboard? i never knew that
i havent turned it on in a week so ill try that then the batts

There will be one watch battery on the motherboard, just pop it out for a couple minutes, then pop it back in and see if you can boot.

i found the manual
its a MS-6340 micro ATX VA mainboard
the CMOS can be reset by fliping a switch on the board
still not sure about the ram ill have to open up the case

Last edited:
Back