• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm New, Need Help Building Gaming PC!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andersonca

I have been a console gamer my entire life and have decided to make the change to PC. The PS4 and X1 just aren't doing it for me anymore. I'm tired of hearing my friends talk about the 1080+ and 60+ FPS their PC is pushing on all games. I honestly dont know anything about computers. Could someone please post a PC build for around $1000 not including mouse, keyboard, and monitor. I mostly play RPG's and a few shooters like destiny and halo but plan on jumping into the MMO world. I'm asking you because i want to surprise them with a sick build. All advice is appreciated. THANKS!!

Here's one for ~$1150
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MRJJNG

If you want to get to your $1000 budget you can just drop the SSD.

I like your thinking ATM, however, I have heard A LOT of bad things about that case. Mainly that the build quality is worse than poop, the side panels are flimsier than a sheet of kleenex, and the plastic scratches easier than the screen on an original gameboy.

My suggestion is to keep all the stuff ATMInside suggested, but swap the board for Gigabyte's H97 G1 Sniper motherboard, and going with a Corsair 200R case.

Andersonca-- are you familiar with everything you need to know in order to build a PC? You should check out a Carey Holzman build video or 3 on Youtube. They are very thorough.

It's the same build as the 540, which is very nice (personal experience).

I guess just why did you suggest other parts than ATM. Just wondering if it would make it any better, and also this is probably a retarded question but all those parts will fit in that case and on the board correct. I was told to pay attention to that but obviously u guys know what your talking about. I also noticed the prices for theses parts went up pretty high in the last couple months I'm guessing thats because of the holiday season.

The jump in price on the graph is because the GPU released so recently.

Yes, everything will fit just fine.

Not sure what you're talking about switching boards?

My suggestion is to keep all the stuff ATMInside suggested, but swap the board for Gigabyte's H97 G1 Sniper motherboard, and going with a Corsair 200R case.

Thats what Theocnoob said

Oh, sorry, didn't scroll up far enough.

I don't see any justification of the extra $20 for that motherboard personally.
Also, switching to that motherboard will make you have to use a bigger case than the Air 240.

Oh, sorry, didn't scroll up far enough.

I don't see any justification of the extra $20 for that motherboard personally.
Also, switching to that motherboard will make you have to use a bigger case than the Air 240.

I figured it would be better for the OP to have a bigger case and a board with more expansion possibilities. I suggested the Sniper because it has a much better audio section than the board ATM suggested. Also, the expandability of the board is much greater as it is full size and has more expansion slots.

That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with ATM's build though. If you want to build that, go for it. You will be very happy. The case, although perhaps not of the highest build quality, is one of the easiest cases out there to work in.

If you want to go even smaller you could go ITX and use a case like Corsair's 250D or EVGA's Hadron. But that would limit you to just a single expansion slot for your GPU. No sound cards, wireless cards, PCIE SSDs, etc etc.

Ok i have to use new egg to buy everything cause I'm a premium member and they are out of stock for that graphics card. Any other suggestions?

Also for the case i just don't personally like the way that mid case looks. Im able to use any full tower i want correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok i have to use new egg to buy everything cause I'm a premium member and they are out of stock for that graphics card. Any other suggestions?

Also for the case i just don't personally like the way that mid case looks. Im able to use any full tower i want correct?

You don't like which? The Air 240 or the 200R?

Just for support to the Air 540... I also own one and it has worked out fine for me. The sides are a tad flimsy, but... aren't most plexi'd side panels like that anyway? They don't cause problems at all. Mine is also scratch free... someone, with me, and my two kids Im not sure how that happened LOL!

Just for support to the Air 540... I also own one and it has worked out fine for me. The sides are a tad flimsy, but... aren't most plexi'd side panels like that anyway? They don't cause problems at all. Mine is also scratch free... someone, with me, and my two kids Im not sure how that happened LOL!

fyi, I confirmed with Corsair, you can mount a right side panel, and have a solid left panel. The panels are interchangeable.

Back