• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im thinking P4.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am in no way an Intel person, even though I run one, but all this CRAP about them sucking is just that CRAP. I have my 1.8A at 2.4 with no problem. I am running at 35C load. I also have Rambus(a little harder to overclock but if you can get it there well worth it).

Now as far as AMD being cheaper, yes Intels fastest processor is about twice as much as AMD's but they dont compare. AMD's XP 2200+ is about on the grade of Intels 2.26 or 2.4B. So 2200+ is 240 bucks and a 2.26 is 255bucks(I know just bought one and that is shipped price) and the 2.4 is roughly 350. Also I have seen 2.26's running in the 3Ghz range.

If you want to go cheaper than that the 1.6A and 1.8A(most of which I have seen go to 2.4Ghz)are 140 and 160.

As far as a motherboard, it depends on what kind of memory you intend to use. If you want Rambus I would definitly go with the Abit TH7II. Now DDR is a little more diverse, Abit BD7II or BD7, Asus P4B533, also there are some new 533 boards out I am not familiar with. Also if you go with DDR get some good memory at least PC2700, and you may want to think about PC3000 or PC3200

I say either way you go you are going to have a great PC.

okay you need this... jsut so you can get a pentium 4 owners persepective i traveled a huge distance from over the intel forums! ;)... Currently the hottest things to buy in the p4 market is an abit bd7II or a TH7II with a 2.26B intel processor.... Then they overclcok this mother f***** to 3ghz!!! (and that's by adding 1.6-1.65 volts to it on average) (Not bad eh?) Yes this is on stock cooling! You'll be getting temps like 36-39 loaded (maybe less if you have it in your basement and an aluminum case) and anywhere from 43-57 degrees celsius depending on your case ventilation!) NOT BAD HUH???? WHILE AMDS HITE THE 2GHZ MARK ON WATER COOLING INTELS CAN HIT THE 3 GHZ MARK ON AIR!!! (Note no disrespect to AMD users intended) Of course the pricessor is expensive! i think i saw a place wehre it was 260 shipped! The BD7 ANd TH7II come for like $117 without raid and like $130 with raid... (so anything else is good...)

I switched from a XP2000 KR7A to a P4 2.26b Asus P4B533 and love it.

I am an overclocker, I do not work for AMD or INTEL. Where the bomb chip is...so is my cash. Right now Intel is the bomb!

3 Ghz is looking easier and easier on the Intel side. AMD is falling farther and farther. The 2200+ was a flop, average overclock at 100Mhz. Come on AMD you gotta do better than that. Not to mention how long we waited to see it. How many times has Intel delayed...... That says something to me. I am completely impressed with my 1.8A and I will let yall know about my new 2.26 in about a week.

Back