• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm trying to decide...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have to go to work, so i'll be back in about 4 hours (silly stupid shift)
so i'll be back, if you need anymore information just ask, thanks so much for your help! :) and if you don't mind helping me some more i'd be even more grateful!

Well if you actually want to drive that, you'd need a motherboard like a Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 and probably 3 6GB 7970s or 3 Titans.

The problem is the resolution, the higher the resolution the more VRAM that you need on the cards and the more processing power.

I'm honestly confused how a 15 year old is working full time (while I would presume to be in high school) and would have the money to blow on 2k-3k computer.

Take Knufire's advice in that you don't need to buy whatever is the most expensive as you won't be able to take advantage of parts of it without using extreme cooling (dry lice/liquid nitrogen/cascade/phase change)

You would be fine with a $150 motherboard (ASRock Extreme6), the 3770k, 8GB of RAM and a 7970/GTX680 (or two if you really have the money to blow) and run with one nice 2560x1440 or 2560x1440 screen with another to the side for multitasking. Grab a nice SSD (256GB is the sweet spot) and save the rest for a car when you hit 16.

Do you really have the space and want to deal with running 6 screens? Sounds like a huge hassle to me, but if that is what you really want then you will want at least dual 7970 cards and likely the 6GB versions because of running at such a huge resolution.

Yeah, but you said money wasn't an issue and two high end cards might not perform all that well on 6 monitor gaming.

I never saw your input Janus, until after i posted, and me being one of these people who rarely edits what they say. I like your thinking, and i might just change my ways, would an Asrock Extreme6 do the trick? and i think i'm going with 3 screens, and my TV. so what would you recommend to run that? (sorry my mind changes so much)

So lets say this, tell me how it sounds?

My processor
My Case
Asrock Extreme6
1 7970Ghz Edition maybe 2 depending on if it's doing alright running 3 monitors
16GB of DDR3 4GB modules 1866Mhz (nothing less than 16, extensive multi-tasker)
What kind of PSU?
a nice quality sound card! :D
256GB SSD (what do you recommend?)
H100 CPU Cooler
and a 2TB HDD by western digital
that should be good right?

That sounds like a fantastic system.

For the SSD the Samsung 840 pro is great.

For PSU you should be fine with 750-850W, I love corsair PSUs so if you were to go with a modular design the HX/AX series are the way to go there.

I'm not up to date on sound cards (have been using onboard for some time now), so I don't have any advice for that.

I like how you're encouraging me :) (makes me feel a better about myself and my decisions :p)
Okay so the 840 Pro
and maybe an 850 Watt Corsair modular?
and a sound card i'll see if i can find a bose card to go with my headphones and speakers

Back