• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm usre this has been asked before...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
okay, so clearflex tubing is a good idea. got it.

how much more is this hydor? i'm really strssing the wallet at this point... and how much better does it perform?

also, on dangerden.com they have a rad and a double rad, 30 and 35 repectively. are these any good? i have a antec chieftec clone tower, not the insanely huge one but a big one nonetheless, so i think i have plent of room for a large heatvore. (if one is needed, of course.) especially because i'm considering possibly heavily modding the case for it. (maybe replace the top with one if i can get it to look good) and i have a few ideas of how to go about that.

how good is teh double wide $35 rad? are tehre any other relatively large/cheap rads that work good?

just another thought, how many people run dual rads? i would love to have an advanced project to work on, and outfitting a case with dual rads sounds fun. once i had them where i wanted them i could iether solder a coper pipe to connect them, or maybe put one before and one after my CPU.
Does anyone here do this? (i used to often visit the BEOG paintball forums as often as i visit here, i'm used to being surrounded by people who had no problem with extreeme modification...my paintball marker is the ghettoest around!)

also, with dual rads i would probably have half the airflow through each...more surface area tells me it would be more efficient still, but less air, what do you guys think?

Well you can't have super performance if you are on a very low budget. But you can get very good performance... if you decide to shell out more money, a 2nd radiator is defenately a good choice. It will significantly boost performance.
The Hydor is 50$ while the other pump is 23$... more than double the price.
Here is a pic of the radiator form dtek.. the unpainted one.
unp_rad.jpg

If you want some good performance at a very reasonable price there is some pretty good stuff from swiftec on sale right now. I would get this:
Swiftech MWC6000 for socket A = 39.99
Swiftech MWC40 for the graphics card = 15.00
the Via Aqua pump ~ 20.00
Swiftech Signal green coolsleeves (only the green are on sale) = 2.00
A scratch and dent JR-120 Radiator from dtek = 19.99
Those coolsleeves allow you to use Lowes or HomeDepot vinyl tubing, so 10' of that is ~3.00
Fittings, a T-line and other misc items ~ 10.00

that is $110 and you have cooled your video card as well as your CPU, you can cut the VGA block and save $15 and you are under the $100 mark.

One last thing that you may or may not need are 120mm fans. Get two of the Delta 120mm fans from WA2 in the classifieds for $10 if you need them. I can attest to the quality of the fans, and that price for Delta fans is just unbelievable.

So, if you do that, and didnt have a single thing to start from, you could watercool the two major chips in your computer for ~ $120.

i dont know if i'm ready to begin gpu cooling yet, but for $15 extra...maybe i'll wait.

is Swiftech stuff any good? i've never heard of it, but i am new to this...

nicko, where can i get that rad? i'd like to look into its size a bit more.

Also, if anyone knows where a 17" long by 6" wide by 3-6 inches wide rad is, thats the one i want. zizes are relative to about an inch...smaller will work too, but thats the perfect size.

*bump*

that heatercore, the chevette one, is $10 more now than when that article was made... is it possible to get one that works decent for under $30 at all? i was hoping to get a big one and maybe 2 smaller ones....but the price scares me.

Back