• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In search for a case and power supply.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaosmachine420

I am looking for a case that matches mostly the look of Corsair 650D. The case can be a Midsize to Fullsize case and easy to access the hard drives. For the power supply not sure about the highest watt power supply I can get get but I definitely need a 6 pin and 8 pin for a graphics card in the future.I almost forgot to add would like fully modular but don't mind if semi or non. This power supply will be used on a computer that will try to be on all the time for a server. I am looking at a budget for $200 for all together that doesn't include shipping in the price.

Last edited:
Oklahoma Wolf is selling some good PSUs in the classies, you can grab the 1Kw PSU and then pick up a Carbide 300R case.

1KW PSU sounds like overkill from what (little) information was given.

In order to properly size the PSU for you, we need to know the hardware that it will be powering. Since this is on 24/7 and for a server, I would look into a higher quality unit myself. As soon as you list the hardware we can give you some ideas on what PSU would be good for your build.

1KW PSU sounds like overkill from what (little) information was given.

In order to properly size the PSU for you, we need to know the hardware that it will be powering. Since this is on 24/7 and for a server, I would look into a higher quality unit myself. As soon as you list the hardware we can give you some ideas on what PSU would be good for your build.

I agree. With only one graphics card I don't think a 1000W power supply is needed. I think $200 for a case and quality power supply is pushing it. Is that your absolute limit?

At the moment in time I have a Intel Core Duo 3.0 to 3.5 ghz cpu not exactly sure the exact ghz and model number. The motherboard is a Asus P8B75-M and ram is CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model TW3X4G1333C9A G. Along with a 320gb laptop hard drive. I should mention also it is a server but only for gaming for friends and family. I will be upgrading this slowly so this is going to change a bit. The graphics card I was thinking putting in it if needed later will be Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670.

Im confused... is it a server hosting games, or is it going to be playing games (because you are getting a gaming card in a server)?

That seasonic I listed will be fine then. Go with that and figure out a case to get for $120. :)

I should mention I am close to a Micro Center and would like to know if there any recommendation of a power supply from the Denver Tech Center store. I am only asking because then I can buy it and have it going sooner if they are any better.

Microcenter is typically only good for cpu/motherboard combos. Nothing there is striking me as a particularly good deal.

For 24/7 use, I'd find a 80+ platinum that would suit your voltage requirements. 170w for the GPU, 120w (being extremely conservative) for cpu, 50w for everything else... you really dont need much at all.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064LWJA8/?tag=pcpapi-20

And for a case, this is probably the closest you're gonna get to a 650D without spending ... 650D money lol.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Back