• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Industrial AC System for a PC Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Electron Chaser

Senior Delta Fanatic
I have used these units in the past to cool electrical enclosures where I cannot allow air exchange due to enviromental conditions. I think I will talk with my Dealer rep and see what kind of a deal he can give me on one, I will keep you posted. I attached a PDF file that gives all the dimensions I figure I could side mount it on the PC. Any thoughts or ideas would be apprecaited.

Hoffman Side Mount Sub Compact Air Conditioner

It is actually fairly quiet but then again in an industrial enviroment a marching band would sound quiet. I have one mounted on an enclosure in a glass plant where the ambient temp is generally 120 F + the enclosure stays a cool 70 F. I'm still waiting on a call back. I found another model I like better that offers a bit more in the eye candy department then the other one so I will get a quote on this one as well. Give it a look I attached the link below. The great thing about these are that they are built for electrical enclosures and therefore have a built in condensation management system to keep things cool and dry. I have a natural aversion to water cooling so I do not see that in my future.I have seen too many pneumatic and hydraulic lines leak to give me a warm fuzzy about it. I have seen what vortex coolers with a little bit of water in the lines can do to electrical components not a pretty sight especially when it concerns Variable Freqency Drives for 480VAC 3 phase 30 HP motor. It almost blew the VFD right through the panel.

Side Mount SubCompact AC

thats something like what i am doing.i will have a ac unit chill water and then pump the cold water (antifreeze) thru a radiator that is mounted on my case with 2 80mm fans pulling the cold air in.
i got the radiator all i need is an ac unit now.

No way man - for small, compact seriously deep cooling ... look no further than the Stirling cooler...

http://www.procooling.com/articles/html/stirling_cycle_cooling_-_the_f.php

:clap:

Now ... where did I put that $10,000... :p

On a more serious note, I've also been toying with trying to work out a good "exterior" cooling solution to get the intake air nice and frosty and keep the inside of the case dry. the only problem is that I keep coming back to a thermoelectric solution - like a Peltier solution. But then, if you're doing that, may as well just plug it square on the CPU...

Well now for the bad news even with my OEM multiplier my price on it is $1203.54 so needless to say I don't forsee one of those in my future. Too bad they work really great. :(

:D Rhino could you send me a little more info on the what your working on, it sounds promising.

I have been looking into Peltier cooling myself and any help or info would be much appreciated.

Electron Chaser said:
Well now for the bad news even with my OEM multiplier my price on it is $1203.54 so needless to say I don't forsee one of those in my future. Too bad they work really great. :(

:D Rhino could you send me a little more info on the what your working on, it sounds promising.

I have been looking into Peltier cooling myself and any help or info would be much appreciated.
well this will be my second CAM (cold air machine)
lets get you up to date
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=264668&highlight=dehumidifier

highlights****
natural air, running all my fans 4 92mm M panaflo's 1 120mm panaflo M

humidity inside case 29%
IDLE
CPU- 38/100 MB 22/71
LOAD
CPU 52/125 MB 22/71

now for the readings with the cold air machine

humidity inside case 42%
IDLE
CPU 26/78 MB 9/48
LOAD
CPU 40/104 MB 9/48

http://home.comcast.net/~illyaplav/coldest_yet.jpg

this time im using water to transport the cold air to my comp and a dangerden micro2 radiator. that way the compressor will be contained somewhat for silent operation.
:D

Back