• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Infinate windows loading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dem0lish3r

I have this problem that occurs every 10 or so startups.

when windows loads(the moving scroll thing) it just goes on forever. :shrug:

then i reset, select "start windows normally" and everything is fine. until it happens again. . .

now, this never happeds with my IDE drive & DVD-Rom.

but now i got rid of those, and got a 250GB Seagate SATA, and a ASUS lighscribe SATA DVD-Writer.

So i am thinking this has something to do with SATA, but what & how?

Please help, it really irritating.

Hi there,

From what I can see it looks like there could be a problem with the windows boot file. What you could do is backup your data on another hard drive and reformat/reinstall windows.

That is all I can suggest for now.

Last edited:
you can run fixboot in repair console rather than reformat.its worth a try at least.fixboot does in fact work.ive used it many many times with my backup rig after ocing it and corrupting the bootsector.gl :)

Apart from fixing the boot, fix the MBR as well, here is how:

Boot using standard XP OS CD, select recovery process (press "R") to enter the XP "Recovery Console" :

Once you're in, it will prompt you like this :
Code:
Microsoft Windows(R) Recovery Console

The Recovery Console provides system repair and recovery functionality. 
Type EXIT to quit the Recovery Console and restart the computer.

1: C:\WINDOWS 

Which Windows Installation would you like to log on to 
(To cancel, press ENTER)?

• Assuming you have only one XP installation there and C: is your OS/Boot drive, then just select 1 and <enter>
  • Type in the Administrator password as prompted above, then you will activate the "Recovery Console" mode.
  • Now type at the prompt >FIXBOOT C:
  • Again at prompt >FIXMBR C:
  • To restart the system, type >EXIT and pull the CD from the drive to boot from the hard disk.

Hope this will fix it & good luck. :)

Back