• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Info about Newegg.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amnesiac

I got my GTX 660 a few days back through my relative.

1: How does this all work?. I mean the ordering procedure?. The only page I have gone up till yet is the check out page. There is the total amount and shipping options. 2, 3 and next day shipping.

2: How do you receive it?. Through whom?. Is it in some box?. Please show me some pictures.

3: I am... well, a bit angry because I didn't get any AC3 key. I am pretty sure it was ordered after 20th. What should I do?.

To be frank, this is a make or break thread. If I am not pleased :)p), I will move towards Amazon, but as Newegg was and is my primary option I will give it a chance.

Share your experience guys.

How does it work? Click through it. You put it in the cart, go to checkout, pay. Its shipped by however you choose (as there are options), usually in a newegg box (Im not posting pictures, sorry)

What is AC3 key? A free game? Were you 'supposed' to get it? Usually its in the box of the GPU as it comes with the GPU. Im a bit confused at what you are saying here...

I dont think that newegg even ships to Pakistan though...but not sure.

Have you checked EVGA's website?

http://www.evga.com/articles/00707/

You could just try registering your device and see if they send you the code. Otherwise, contacting newegg is your best bet, but customer service reps in America should be dealt with in a particular way. You could just tell them something about how you thought it would have came with the game, since the site didn't show an end date on the promo and that the product was listed as coming with the game blah blah blah. Then threaten to return the product if they won't give you the game, since that is what you "thought" you were buying, and if they can't give you the game for free then you can no longer justify the purchase yadda yadda yadda.

Have you checked EVGA's website?

http://www.evga.com/articles/00707/

You could just try registering your device and see if they send you the code. Otherwise, contacting newegg is your best bet, but customer service reps in America should be dealt with in a particular way. You could just tell them something about how you thought it would have came with the game, since the site didn't show an end date on the promo and that the product was listed as coming with the game blah blah blah. Then threaten to return the product if they won't give you the game, since that is what you "thought" you were buying, and if they can't give you the game for free then you can no longer justify the purchase yadda yadda yadda.

Do as fatb0y suggests. Don't get angry, don't be mean. Just assert yourself and state plainly what you want. If you are polite, but persistent, you will usually get your way. ;)

That really helped guys. I will keep that in mind. I definitely cant threaten to return it. :p

Darn it, I am still waiting for the invoice.

AND I FORGOT!. EarthDog/anyone, do you get digital invoice or a hard copy?.

All other points are cleared. Just need to see some pictures. I mean, no one is doing any unboxing here?. :|

Ok...

1. You don't actually have to follow through with returning it, you should totally be able to say you would like to return it, then change your mind.

2. Are you in America? If you aren't in America, it's possible that the free AC3 promo is only applicable to Americans.

3. If you aren't in America, did you yourself buy it from the American website and have it shipped to your location, Or did you have a friend in America buy it and then ship it to you.

Geez. Dont you know how all this works out?.

My cousin is in NJ. Was coming to Paki land so I asked him to bring me my gadget. ;)

Cant be happier. Though watching 'Made in China' sticker on an American brand makes me lol.

Idk what's the point of this thread but if you cousin ordered it and took it to you when he went to visit... Did he just take the box of the 660 ?

I'm guessing the code is in the box and he kept it or didn't know and left it in the box

And I haven't seen anything made in the USA in forever so idk why its lol :p

Is there something wrong with me trying to gather some general info about newegg?.

Again if you have nothing to add, stay out.

@Dom

What box?. Newegg one or EVGA?.

My GPU was sealed shut. No one dares open my stuff.

I was talking about the newegg box that the card would of been shipped in with the evga box inside

If it was a free game code it would of been inside the newegg box

Ed must be nice to be drunk I'm working :(

Naa, Im not drunk, not remotely close. I wasnt when I posted originally, I simply didnt understand what the point was for the method as its no different than any other site really. It made no sense he is from Pakistan and ordering from there, now Im not sure if he even has the card in hand or what.

I mentioned the card/key in the box and answered all his questions outside of taking a picture of a newegg box, but it was dismissed to call me drunk...no need for that stuff. GL with whatever you are trying to do. :)

Closed and solved.

Amnesiac, you're walking a very fine line with your insults.............. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back