• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Innovatek Kit - Good or Bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, I don't even know what most of that means, AMD-Me. I'm very, very new to water cooling and I'd like to purchase a good stock kit before I worry about mods. Maybe after I've had it running for a few months and I have time for some more research I'll worry about lapping and whatnot. Thanks, though.

If you have the money, innovatek, in my eyes is one of the best, so go for it.

They make good preforming (not great, but their setups are no slouches either), quite, and very well designed and constructed components (look at those fittings).

Well, I'm trying to convince my parents that my system is too hot and that water cooling is the only solution. It's going well so far. Since it's a gradiation present, I could go for the kit. One thing that I am really concerned with is leaks and that's why I was attracted to the Innovatek initially.

Well, it's either the Innovatek or DangerDen, I think. This is the kit that I put together on DangerDen. The only thing that I'm really not sure about is the pump. I could either use the one I have in the kit now or the Eheim 1250.

DangerDen TDX (Lucite Top) 1/2" Fittings
Black Ice Micro II Black
D4 12Volt Pump
7 Feet Tygon Tubing
4oz Zerex Super Coolant
Stainless Steel Hold Down Style (whatever that is)
12 Hose Clamps & Y & T Fittings

This comes to $224.70 and the other pump would lower it a little. Which is the better deal? I already have the fans, so that's not problem. The Innovatek looks to be less risky, though more expensive. Finally, would it be easy to add either a GPU or Chipset block later if I chose to?

I don't usually do this, but it seems my topic has gone to the second page and I would really like some opinions on this. If I went with Innovatek, I'd get their top kit. Is the Danger Den really better?

I'd get the DangerDen if you want a top performing kit. They have excellent performing systems and it will be a litle more challenging, but not much. One thing nice about the Innovetek is that it's a complete kit with everything included without a doubt. I think you'll have more fun and be more proud with the DangerDen setup. I'd go with the DangerDen DC pump too, that'll make it easier to install and you won't have to worry about an AC Eheim pump and the relay for that.

Thanks. I think I'll go with the Danger Den, then, and get the 12V pump. I included everything that I would need on my list, right? I should just be able to power this pump with the PSU?

Back