• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Integrated water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TweakOC said:
Iam so thinking of purchasing one thats look so cool... Even if it sucks it's cooL! :p I don't see why no one has tried it yet I really want to get it. But Im waiting for the SLK-900. ( If anyone knos where to get them please PM me.)

The link to get them is on the very first post in this thread. No one has them yet because the company that sells them also appears to build them and they are not shipping them until Feb. 11. Mine is on order so I will let you know how it works.

But if the fan or the pump fails... It could work w/o a pump if it had more water. If the fan fails, it wouldn't take long to boil all the water. Either way, is possible that a failure could blow apart the plastic sides.

HiProfile said:
But if the fan or the pump fails... It could work w/o a pump if it had more water. If the fan fails, it wouldn't take long to boil all the water. Either way, is possible that a failure could blow apart the plastic sides.

It would not work without the pump with more water, it would not be moving any water and wouldn't matter if it had 2 gallons like my current setup. If any part of the system breaks, then the CPU will be history. It does take a while though, I have had my system on for about 5 min or so with out the pump being on ( of course I didn't mean to) and it was fine as soon as I turned on the pump. I think that the CPU would get hot and die long before it boiled over, for water to boil it needs to exceed 250 F (just like a car) and I use software and such to shut it down if it gets hot anyway.

Ugmore Baggage said:
Skahtul, send it to Joe & Ed before installing it. Then we'll know how it works.

yeah, i second that... i dont think this company will ship one free sample to oc guys like thermalright and swiftech

It does have additives in it just like a car, my Chev truck (like all Chev trucks) runs at 210 F. Have seen my Camaro get to 230 with no problem. :D

wow this is a really impressive response! i can't believe how optimistic everyone is on this product, seems everyone is giving it the benefit of the doubt to start with. I guess thats only fair, maybe i was too harsh. :D

I looked something up that i found interesting:
http://www-mtl.mit.edu/~lincc/constants.html
Thermal conductivity...
Conductivity Silver - pure 417.10 W/m€°C
Conductivity Copper - pure 392.90 W/m€°C
Conductivity Aluminum 2024-T3 190.40 W/m€°C
Conductivity Concrete (sand & gravel) 1.8000 W/m€°C
Conductivity Water 0.6030 W/m€°C

The thermal conductance of water is terrible, it comes in a site behind concrete... but normally this isnt important because water is a fluid and can have a force applied to it so it flows and very little thermal conductance between molecules needs to take place in order for heat to be transferred unlike in a solid... with a fluid in a wc loop the heat transfer is actively done by the fluid flowing through the loop and the molecules numerously and frequently touching the radiator/wb and thus transferring heat efficiently.

The BASIC critical variable in a watercooling loop is having a decent flow rate in order to move and transfer the heat effectively. water by itself is an insulator. I think it will be interesting to see how this sink performs, as i expect the critical variable in this sink will also be how fast does the water circulate? That will be what decides whether the water will act as an excellent insulator or an actively flowing "heat courier".

I expect that it will perform quite badly because it just wont be moving the water through the block quickly enough, but that is just my intuition talking. :)

Side-note: excuse the short negative post earlier, normally i chuckle at people who post like that with a negative answer and no explanation for their feelings. that must have been a bad day for me. :)

side-side-note: this product actually makes me wonder that, if this is a good idea to cool this way, why they didnt make a copper shell covered on all sides in fins with the center filled with impelled water - this way the water would pick up the heat from the base plate and take it to all sides of the heatsink to be dissipated. why only have the water move the heat directly vertically? arent they wasting the transfer to the sides of the sink?

Last edited:
trdsw20 said:
Isnt that thing too heavy to mount properly??
looks like 2 HS and a little reservoir.

Well in my particular case this won’t be as big of a problem because my system that this is going in is a desktop case.
Also, send it to someone to test? If I put it on and it works then you will know J, but really I am too impatient to even think of that. It probably will do an admirable job but nothing special, but someone needs to try it out! And also for better or for worse it shipped today (2-5-03) so I will report back with what it does to my temps. BTW I have a Thermalright SK6 on my CPU right now with a 60cm Delta fan so I will see what if any difference there will be. I think the HS I have now is a pretty good one.

skahtul said:

Well in my particular case this won’t be as big of a problem because my system that this is going in is a desktop case.
Also, send it to someone to test? If I put it on and it works then you will know J, but really I am too impatient to even think of that. It probably will do an admirable job but nothing special, but someone needs to try it out! And also for better or for worse it shipped today (2-5-03) so I will report back with what it does to my temps. BTW I have a Thermalright SK6 on my CPU right now with a 60cm Delta fan so I will see what if any difference there will be. I think the HS I have now is a pretty good one.

ohh ok, just keep us informed on your results...

slater3333uk said:
i fail to see the point of it

they say it has all the benifits of a traditional system but im struggling to find any benifits over air cooling

it dose not have any more surface area than a hsink

it looks as noisy as a normal hsink

it dose not move the heat away from the cpu anymore than a hsink would

i cant relly see anthing good it dose not give you any of the benifits of water cooling

Out all of the points you stated are true except that it DOES move heat away from the CPU, becuase the fan blows up through the Rad. and away, but if you read on you will find this is actually bad.

Anyway I got it, installed it, tested it.
You can find out what I found out HERE .

I.M.O.G. said:

The BASIC critical variable in a watercooling loop is having a decent flow rate in order to move and transfer the heat effectively. water by itself is an insulator. I think it will be interesting to see how this sink performs, as i expect the critical variable in this sink will also be how fast does the water circulate? That will be what decides whether the water will act as an excellent insulator or an actively flowing "heat courier".

I expect that it will perform quite badly because it just wont be moving the water through the block quickly enough, but that is just my intuition talking. :)

side-side-note: this product actually makes me wonder that, if this is a good idea to cool this way, why they didnt make a copper shell covered on all sides in fins with the center filled with impelled water - this way the water would pick up the heat from the base plate and take it to all sides of the heatsink to be dissipated. why only have the water move the heat directly vertically? arent they wasting the transfer to the sides of the sink?

A few things. The water appears to move through very quickly, it is easy to see and if any one has a good connection and cares enough I can post a video on my site. Also if anyone has any ideas how I can improve this, PLEASE TELL ME!

So basically, after skahtul's testing, it seems like this water/air combination is by no means weak. Expensive, yes, but you can't really question it's performance. With a finer polishing on the base plate and perhaps the mod suggestion on 1coolpc this (may) be worth the cost.

Plus, its just a neat concept...:) I think that this sort of combination technology has a future - it seems quieter and it is easy to maintain and it performs well....

Man, its quiet, its not too heavy, much more than i expected. I would like to see a review in the main page tho. This dude is tempting me :D.

Thnx skahtul!!!

DON’T BUY ONE OF THESE, I cranked up my CPU, the temp got to about 48c, AND IT SPLIT OPEN AND LEAKED ALL OVER EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven’t done anything to it, just put it on like my review said.

DON’T BUY ONE!!!

Fortunately whatever is in it did not short anything out! And it still cooled for a while.

I e-mailed 1coolpc, we will see what they have to say!

skahtul said:
DON’T BUY ONE OF THESE, I cranked up my CPU, the temp got to about 48c, AND IT SPLIT OPEN AND LEAKED ALL OVER EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven’t done anything to it, just put it on like my review said.

DON’T BUY ONE!!!

Fortunately whatever is in it did not short anything out! And it still cooled for a while.

I e-mailed 1coolpc, we will see what they have to say!

A few PICS

Back