• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 330 sometimes recognized

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

walrosZ

Registered
Hey Tech support guys/gals, i have run into a annoying problem with my new Intel 330 SSD.

First of all here my specs:
650W Corsair CMPSU-650TXEU
AMD Phenom2 X4 940 3.0Ghz, AM2+ Black Editio
Asus M4N72-E, sAM3
Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) XMS-2 8500C5
Asus GTX 570
500GB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA II
1tb Seagate

A couple of days ago i finally had it with thease long startup times in windows so i decided to buy a brand new SSD to install a fresh copy of windows on and use my other two drives for storage, heres what i did:

I flashed my bios with newest firmware
I copied all inportant documents to an external HDD
i made sure via the INTEL SSD TOOL that i had the newest firmware for my SSD
i shut down the PC and disconected all HDDs except my SSD and Changed my bios to ACHI, and shut down comp
(this is were the problems begin )

when i turned my Pc back on my bios could not find the SSD, so i shut it down and plugged my old windows HDD back in and "ding" the SSD showed up in BIOS, so i booted my windows CD and begain the installation

after sucsessfull install of windows (on new SSD) i started downloading all drivers and chrome and soforth until i shut down the PC. A couple of hour later i turned it back on and to my horror the Bios could not find my SSD, so i restarted, still no SSD in bios so i turned off my comp and turned off the switch on the back of my PSU and tried to start again,
AND IT WORKED! so i went into windows and started surfing but after a while i got BSOD.

Bottomline: my comp will only find SSD from "cold boot" also get BSOD randomly(every 10-60 min).

Precautions ive taken so far:
*Cold booted windows with only SSD plugged in (still only works cold boot)
*made sure via AS SSD that my drive is in ACHI mode
*made sure via INTEL SSD TOOL that i have the newset verison
*memtest86 for 8 hours last night (no problems)
*tried all diffrent SATA ports
*tried diffrent SATA cables

im running out of options here guys... Please help me, i will be forever thankful!

BSOD:
2rcvrk0.jpg
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1053

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA800578EB30
BCP3: FFFFFA800578EE10
BCP4: FFFFF80003189460
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Disconnect the HDDs from the controller w/ it still set to SATA / IDE mode. And if you flashed the BIOS prior to the recognition issue, try flashing it back to the version that came w/ the board originally. What method did you use to flash (Windows, BIOS, or thumb drive from DOS), and did you power down afterwards, then reset CMOS--> re-enter the BIOS, and Load Optimized Defaults?

Disconnect the HDDs from the controller w/ it still set to SATA / IDE mode. And if you flashed the BIOS prior to the recognition issue, try flashing it back to the version that came w/ the board originally. What method did you use to flash (Windows, BIOS, or thumb drive from DOS), and did you power down afterwards, then reset CMOS--> re-enter the BIOS, and Load Optimized Defaults?

yeah i disconnected all other drives, still same results (in IDE) i flashed from thumb drive in BIOS i did power down but i dont remember if i reset the CMOS hmm.. but srsly many ppls haveing the same problem as me :p could it be the actual drive?

http://communities.intel.com/thread/30043?start=0&tstart=0

Last edited:
I don't think the drive is the issue, but more than likely the BIOS revision or the method used to flash. I would probably try flashing back to an earlier revision (the earliest required for X4 940 compatibility), but try using the Afudos BIOS update tool instead. I believe the command from the DOS prompt would be...

afudos [filename] /p /b /n /c /x

...where [filename] is the BIOS file on the bootable thumb drive. But verify that to make sure.

I don't think the drive is the issue, but more than likely the BIOS revision or the method used to flash. I would probably try flashing back to an earlier revision (the earliest required for X4 940 compatibility), but try using the Afudos BIOS update tool instead. I believe the command from the DOS prompt would be...

...where [filename] is the BIOS file on the bootable thumb drive. But verify that to make sure.

aight man, ill try first thing in the morning ;):salute:

why is it not good to use the ASUS EZ flash 2 utility?

EDIT: ok i get it now ^^ what version of AFUDOS should i use?
also do i really need to remove my battery? atm my big *** 570 is blocking it ^^

Last edited:

I tried the ssd in my friends comp, and indeed it seems to work 8/8 reboots, now should I try to purchase a new moba

If flashing the BIOS didn't help, then you may need to. I would first try removing everything from the case, and assembling the board on your desk. Install only the bare essentials besides the CPU and HSF... 1 x DRAM module installed in the 1st DIMM slot, videocard, and the SSD (no HDDs, ODDs, add-in cards, etc.). Since the videocard blocks the battery, remove it and reset CMOS before installing it (this before connecting power to the board).

If flashing the BIOS didn't help, then you may need to. I would first try removing everything from the case, and assembling the board on your desk. Install only the bare essentials besides the CPU and HSF... 1 x DRAM module installed in the 1st DIMM slot, videocard, and the SSD (no HDDs, ODDs, add-in cards, etc.). Since the videocard blocks the battery, remove it and reset CMOS before installing it (this before connecting power to the board).

Yeah, will do that tomorrow :)

make sure that it isn't any other component!

also, would you be able to advice me on any Moba purchase
(if it happens to be the moba) im so bad at picking compatible components :eh?:

thanks alot redduc! ive posted this question on about 5 other forums and most ppls thought it was the SSD :p but you proved them wrong i guess :)

ok yeah! so i took the whole thing apart, asemblad it with only the essentials still seems to be the same problem :/

You can try to run in IDE mode and use Microsoft's storage drivers, not Nvidias. That might help, but it may be the case that you cannot solve this problem without a new motherboard. The motherboard you have has a Nvidia chipset, which are known to have various compatibility issues with SSDs.

You can try to run in IDE mode and use Microsoft's storage drivers, not Nvidias. That might help, but it may be the case that you cannot solve this problem without a new motherboard. The motherboard you have has a Nvidia chipset, which are known to have various compatibility issues with SSDs.

yeah, i have tried that, the problem seems deeper than the OS tho :(
im looking to upgrade i think :p

Back