• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel AMT with Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maverick0984

I currently have a 2600K in this that was constructed back in 2011, which I know doesn't support vPro. I was wondering if dropping in an i7-3770 (supports vPro) in the GA-Z68XP-UD3P rev1.0 would allow me take take advantage of Intel AMT.

Google is providing me conflicting opinions on the matter.

I would expect that the BIOS has to fully support AMT/vPro over and above just "supporting" the CPU but some say that by supporting the CPU, AMT/vPro will work. I have my doubts about the latter.

Anyway, any thoughts on the matter would be excellent. Never really utilized Intel AMT, but am becoming increasingly frustrated about not being able to access my desktop remotely if it is inaccessible through RDP.

If I have to upgrade the CPU and Motherboard to achieve this, it'd mark the first time that I upgraded a CPU/Mobo for features opposed to performance, heh.

The board / chipset also needs to support it...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 145
Back