• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Announces Intel® SSD DC S3700 Series - Next-Generation Data Center Solid-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just read the article for AnandTech and it looks good for the future of desktops, if it performs the way intel is saying it will.:cool::popcorn:

Can't wait until the pricing for these (and other) SSDs come down...a lot...over the next few years.

The recommended channel pricing (MSRP) for the 2.5-inch Intel SSD DC S3700 Series is as follows: $235 for 100 (GB) capacity; $470 for 200GB; $940 for 400GB and $1,880 for 800GB based on 1,000-unit quantities. The 1.8-inch drive MSRP pricing is $495 for the 200GB capacity and $965 for 400GB. Prices include a 5-year limited warranty.

you do know these are meant for server/Data Center segment right? these are not drives for consumers and are priced as such. that does not how ever stop a consumer from getting higher level hardware.

Yup! Just speaking in general regarding SSDs, as the "latest and greatest" drives come out, they are always super expensive. There are expensive consumer grade ones (link) that I'm excited about as they get cheaper/faster/larger over time. :D

ooooh, so these are like those horrendously overpriced OCZ PCI-E SSD drives (that I have no clue why nobody thought of attaching RAM-like devices to PCI-E slots before...)

that have data read/write rates of 1GB +/- and are like $3000...

Very interesting.

ooooh, so these are like those horrendously overpriced OCZ PCI-E SSD drives (that I have no clue why nobody thought of attaching RAM-like devices to PCI-E slots before...)

that have data read/write rates of 1GB +/- and are like $3000...

Very interesting.

They've actually done ram-like devices on PCIe slots before.

Storage speed buffs have used Acard 9010's, though those have a SATA interface, but they often connect them to PCIe based RAID cards.

In 2005, Gigabyte did the i-RAM also, which is pretty much just sticking RAM in a PCIe slot.

Most people didn't pay much attention to these things, though they are possible, because they just don't have much functional application in common usage.

Last edited:
Read this on Anand as well this morning... looks to be solid. :)

Yup! Just speaking in general regarding SSDs, as the "latest and greatest" drives come out, they are always super expensive. There are expensive consumer grade ones (link) that I'm excited about as they get cheaper/faster/larger over time. :D
You may want to check it out again... Of course, its not close to HDD $/GB, however its in the range of less than $1/GB these days for the smaller type drives.. even for the newest drives out there.

Here is 512GB of Vertex 4 for $400. Two of those for less than a 1/3rd of that Octane and these are faster.

Back