• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 + BIOSTAR TP45 HP OC Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice OC there, but over 1.4V :(

Then again, I can see you achieved 4GHz with 1.44V :D

I just got myself an E8400, a TPower I45 and some Gskill PC8500 memory. Can't wait to start Oc'ing it myself. I'll be using a Tuniq Tower on my CPU, I still don't have a decent case though :(

Yeah, I ordered exactly the same: Tpower I45, Gskill 1066mhz DDR2 an will buy an E8400! :beer:

Anybody else has the board and use air cooling ?
I would like too see more people results or official reviews.

Using TRUE with 2 sanyo denkai 120mm x 38mm fans (110CFM each)

It got my:
8400 to 4.8Ghz 1.55v
8500 up to 4.9Ghz 1.5v
8600 up to 4.975Ghz 1.41v (still pushing this one - will hit 5.1 prolly) :)

hmm this board on newegg is $139, but the TP43 HP is 99.99. might be worth getting to give it a go...

It got my:
8400 to 4.8Ghz 1.55v
8500 up to 4.9Ghz 1.5v

hmmmm Interesting... Not shure how much Vcore I´ll sustain when mine arrives... Do you think those 100-200mhz of fonal speed are better than the higher FSB on the 8400? Did you benchmark them, like the [email protected] vs the [email protected]... Maybe the 0.5 v less are a interesting trade too... Unfortunately the " cpu database " is not working anymore :( I´m still a litle in doubt about 8400/8500/8600... Any special batch out there? :confused:
Still havent bought it becouse i´m waiting my Tpower I45 to arrive..

Napox, take a look arround the forum and you will find lots of good clocks with this mobo, including the world record an another 640fsb on air too :screwy: I´ve posted some on another thread arround here...

Napox, take a look arround the forum and you will find lots of good clocks with this mobo, including the world record an another 640fsb on air too :screwy: I´ve posted some on another thread arround here...
I asked this question two weeks ago :D
There isn't a problem with finding results now.

First of all I must say those numbers look UBER amazing comparing to the board price.
But some doubts and questions come with those numbers, will all the boards be able to reach those Bus speed with high stability or only 1 of every 10 ? most of the p45 boards didn't prove themself to be more than decent OCers (I'm still trying to understand what DFI did with their DK P45-T2RS).
Waiting for some well known sites reviews to clear it would be the wise things to do, but if the numbers are correct I would be happy to put my hands on one.

Also the memory Windwithme used are amazing, costs $519.00 for 2x1GB oO

Why, what did DFI do with the dk? Not active in motherboard section :(

It got my:
8400 to 4.8Ghz 1.55v
8500 up to 4.9Ghz 1.5v

What temperatures?

I still don't have a decent case though :(
You dont like your CM690?I love mine
===========================================================================================

==========================================================================================

Nice review windwithme.Looks like this board my be the Abit IP35-E of the P45 motherboards.I wonder how it would handle a 65nm Quad?

Last edited:
Back