• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Intel core i5-3470 only shows 2 cores in most places

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PT0MCIO

I upgraded into a quad core from a dual core without formatting, updated everything with Driver Booster 4 and played with it for a bit. Later on, I was like "how about I check a number of my cores". So I checked and I found some weird stuff happening. There are some screenshots:
qq6czLG.png
NbXtBTQ.png
DkH1k0R.png
wjdvPeh.png
3Rwojjg.png
Can anyone tell me what should i do about it?

Last edited:
Driver Booster 4? That sounds like a malware nest to me. I never use third party driver updaters. Best way I know of to get malware. You should use Device Manager to check for driver updates that don't automatically check for it themselves, which most do these days.

The line item in Device Manager with the yellow caution flag is most likely the Intel Management Engine. Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the driver for that component.

And if I were you I would do a scan with Malwarebytes.

Installing Intel Management Engine Drives fixed that "other devices" thing, yet not my processor problem. Checked in Bios before installation, it was set to use all the cores.
eXQzOjF.png

Back