• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel CPU Temps Whats Acceptable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

patriotdb23

Hey guys I am wondering what healthy CPU Temperatures are for my Intel e7200 45nm Core 2 Duo processore with a stock HSF.

• So what should my temperature be on just with me on the desktop?
  • What I should be at playing games?
  • And what is the max temperature before it hurts the CPU?

Well I would say stock HSF 30-40c Idle and any were from 50-65c loaded I am not sure but I think you want to stay away from the 70c range not sure what the MAX is .

I'm already at 48 Degrees Celsius just on the desktop. I haven't tried playing a game yet because I don't want it to hurt the CPU. I'm planning to get an aftermarket cooler so should I wait for it with this temp or could I get away playing safely now if i tried to play?

Thanks

Do you have the fan on full? you can set it in the bios to run 100% . see if you can and then tell us what temps you get . seems a bit high for me .

.pdf ? what kind of file is that? I can't open it with anything I have. What do I need?

Ok I looked through that and I see that at 60W it's at 72.8 Degrees Celsius but I'm not sure that's telling me what I want or know..

Mind helping me out

Intel has safety's with speed step and throttle at 94c so you wont damage the CPU like this picture i hit the speed step it cools the cpu down.

most peple like there temp to be 30c from Tjmax i like 20c from Tjmax download Real Temp 2.60

Attachments

• no throttle.JPG
    no throttle.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 202
Ok so am I safe to try playing my games? What should I watch out for like if it turns off unexpectedly or something?

***remember im idling at 49 Degrees just at the desktop

could like a bjillionnnn problems....no really could mean many things wrong..

faulty ram..(run Memtest86)

Overclocked CPu...could be at unstable settings..most cases not enough Vcore or bad ram associated with the oc stability issue..

unstable OC vid card ( if u have OC ur vid card) or high vid card temps

as for the temp thing...so many threads..but 49 is good..just go play your games n enjoy :p

Ok thanks but I haven't tried at all the OC this system in anyway. I'll def check the mem with that program here in a sec but thanks!

Ok so am I safe to try playing my games? What should I watch out for like if it turns off unexpectedly or something?

The fan will kick up if it needs to you are fine, i have a stock heat sink to and it works great.

Attachments

• Temp 1 game.JPG
    Temp 1 game.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 202

It has 3 steps before it turns off, first it lowers your speed at 94c, then it interrupts cpu cycles, then it will shut off at 100c

Last edited:
Intel has safety's with speed step and throttle at 94c so you wont damage the CPU like this picture i hit the speed step it cools the cpu down.

most peple like there temp to be 30c from Tjmax i like 20c from Tjmax download Real Temp 2.60

Nice screenshot...94 degrees load, tell me that's passively cooled. :eek:

Back