• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Cryo cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robert17

Premium Member
This is an interesting product and video by der8auer. Intel produced a TEC cooler for it's 10900k and sent both the cooler and a binned CPU for review. Pretty cool video. Practical? Not really. der8auer said as much but I'd guess if it goes to market the $$ would be stoopid. Second link is der8auer patching the cooler to a Ryzen 5950X. Grins.

5950X

Yeah, I don't know about this one... Having a premium EK block, but having WORSE temperatures unless you opt to constantly pump power to the TEC. Roman says in the video that the pelt can't hold the CPU if you stress all cores. So this thing is really just for gaming. Even if this thing was $100 I wouldn't buy it. I'd rather use a chiller. And BTW, I bet this thing is going to be $300 - $500 just for the block \ pelt \ controller box and that is a total waste of money.

If someone really did want to do this, my advice would be using a more powerful peltier module. Or using this on a lower TDP chip.

Linus Tech Tips did a vid on this recently (I might have seen it on their early access, don't know if general yet). They're going to do a giveaway of a bunch of these at some point, which was meant to happen at their LTX2020 event if the current world situation didn't kill it. Don't think pelts ever made much sense and IMO this is one of the sillier things Intel have done to try to recapture high end gaming. A step too far. Wouldn't say no to the CPU still, rest can stay in the box.

AFAIK is a great product but for a Premium of $399 USD. Also is important to notice that the bottleneck is the TEC itself and using RAD with Push/Pull won¿t help much in the end. Also this unit is great for small workloads with non constant load like running Geekbench3 or some 3D stuff. Saw EK releasing soon something similar for $350 but only for CPU Block + TEC unit.

Back