• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel DX79SI.... Have you o/c'd this board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarod A

Registered
Hey All,

Has anyone overclocked on this board before?

I am using it to put together a cheap pc for a mate (cpu is 3930k).....

I intend to give it to him with an everyday overclock he doesn't have to maintain. I.e. watch temps etc....

My question for anyone who has pushed this board is........ What voltage would you consider to be the max I can run this board on for an everyday o/c......

My intention is to use that information to find the best o/c at that voltage, and back it off a little for everyday use/stability etc...

I am buying a mid range air cooler for this project and the case has excellent airflow/fans.

Thanks.

Every cpu is different bud (it's not the board). You'll have to test and see.

Here's a review of the board which may help...https://www.anandtech.com/show/5123/intel-dx79si-review-the-default-x79

Hey thanks.... That review was excellent.... I wish there were more reviews on tech stuff that were as insightful and straight talking as that person....

Yeah, I know it's down to the silicon for the actual o/c you will achieve.....

The 3930k is not a great overclocker by all accounts, but I'm not surprised, given how old it is.... A six core, twelve thread intel chip sound familiar? (8700k)

The reason I asked about voltage, is because I have no info at all, and the board especially is super hard to get any internet o/cing info on....

I was just hoping someone here might have come across this board in their old days.......

The answer ended up being 1.35v.... The cpu is the limiting factor here, so the motherboard will easily handle that for daily use..... Thanks to Earthdog especially, but also all others who took the time to have a look.... It's so cool as an amateur enthusiast to be able to get help from you folks...

That seems about right for those CPUs. Well done!

The reason I investigated that setup (of which I had no info) more thoroughly was because of you taking the time with a relative noob. Being wrong is ok with me, because I'm learning.... So Thanks again for the help mate.... What you did helped a real person, and is appreciated more than you know.... It says a lot about you when you help others for no reward, so I will say it mate. You're a top person, .....keep it up :)

Back