• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel earnings ahead of expectations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I bought Intel stock (ticker INTC) back when it was around $16 per share last year. At this time, AMD was upwards of $35 per share! Being the OCF reader I am, it was easy to see that Intel were working some magic with the upcoming Conroes. I bought again around $18 per share when it was obvious AMD's AM2 was pretty much a flop. With Penryns around the corner and quads becoming mainstream, I cant help but be temped to buy again despite the fact INTC is up to $25 per share. Especially considering the fact that AMD do not look to have any competitive silicon coming for the forseeable future.

For reference, AMD was at approx $35 per share in its S939 heyday dominating the gaming market. Today, its down to a mere $15 per share.

Consumer wise, I have no loyalties. I go where the performance is. As an investor and consumer, I would look to buy AMD while its at its lowest and preferably as soon as there is news of an upcoming chip that can compete with Penryn. Cause face it, AMD will not produce anything to rival Conroe at this point.

Back