• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel or AMD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

Ah, the question as old as computers themselves. I originally planned an AMD build for Xmas on a budget, but a recent obtainment of extra cash has allowed an immediate build with fairly few limitations. So, should i get intel or AMD? if intel, ivy bridge or haswell? if AMD, what gen from them? if i have a GTX 670 would a phenom 2 X4 965 cause a bottleneck? also if anyone could provide advantages and disadvantages from both that would help too.

Can you tell us what you're using the computer for?

How about a solid budget and where you prefer to buy from?

Newegg is preferred, and i could go anywhere from $1000-$2000. i'll use it for emulation, producing videos of myself playing these emulators (aka let's plays) making guitar videos. also i will probably do real PC gaming in the future. maybe overclocking?

Last edited:
i edited my above post. it will be used for recording me playing emulators, editing these videos (like making fancy intros and such) making guitar videos in HD, and playing real PC games in the future. I might overclock

There are two ways I would go for this. An i7-4470k build or an FX-8350 build. The AMD setup will be cheaper, but the i7 should be a bit faster in gaming.

For video editing, it's a toss-up.

Personally, I would go FX-8350 with a good motherboard (8+2 VRM or better), 2x8GB DDR3 1600 CL9 1.5V, a GTX770 or HD7970, NH-D14 or PH-TC14PE, and 240-256GB SSD.

Back