• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Pentium 4 3.0e Ghz / Asus P4p800 Se Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mkirby

I want to OC this to get the max out of my machine, but im new to OCing. Any one else have this mobo/proc setup that could give me some numbers to try? im also getting a 48*c proc temp while doing nothing and 68*c after playing NFSU2 for 10 minutes, i think i need a better heat sink or maybe water cooling.

Motherboard:
ASUS P4P800 SE MOTHERBOARD

Processor:
INTEL PENTIUM 4 3.0E GHZ S478 1MB CACHE

RAM:
x2 DDR400 MEMORY 256MB PC3200

Video:
ATI RADEON 9600 128MB

Hard Drives
x2 SAMSUNG 80G 7200RPM HARD DRIVE

Disk Drives:
LG 52X CD ROM IDE OEM BLACK
PLEXTOR PX-712A 12X DVD±RW

Case:
RAIDMAX COBRA 822 GAMING CASE

POWER:
NSPIRE PENTIUM IV 450W ATX POWER SUPPLY

Intel Pentium 4
Prescott

voltage: 1.32 - 1.92 ( it jumps around a it)

core speed: 2998.6 MHz

15x Multiplier
FSB 199.9
Bus Speed 799.6 MHz

DDR ram 512 meg dual channel
frequency 199.9
FSB:DRAM 1:1

Got this info from CPU-Z

I agree, better cooling is the first order of business. First off, you need good case ventilation. Check out the links listed in my signature for cooling ideas. Watercooling is not required, but you will need a better heatsink if you stay with air cooling. You have some very good components and we should be able to get you a nice overclock... once you have a little better cooling.

i took the side off my case and put my room fan blowing air into the comp. brought the temps down to 40c no load and 50c under load using PC mark2004 and i got a 4076, which is about 20 marks higher than last nitghrt when i didnt have the fan setup. what HS do you suggest?

I hate waiting for orders to come in so heres the link to my local shop http://avalonsoftware.com/pricelist.asp?id=26&cat=coolers

i also want to get a bigger case to mod, any suggestions for a big case? not a mid tower

Not much to choose from at that list. Guess I'd have to pick the ZALMAN CNPS7000B-CU (which is the best listed), although a Thermalright XP-90 with a high flow 92mm fan would be better. Ok, I was going to say the prices at that website seem a little high, but I see now that you are Canadian.

yeah i just got back form there and go the ZALMAN CNPS7000B-CU CPU COOLER S478/754/939/462, some more fans and a fan controler to seal the deal. lol. im goign out now but ill install the stuff when i come home and post the new temps!

well my no load temps were 31*c and full load using pcmark04 were 38*c. I dont have the new input fan put in place yet either. Also last night my pcmark was 4076 and now its 4391, just by adding the new HS. is it time to OC yet? lol

well im playing around with asus AI BOOSTEr and its over clocked @3353mhz. 223.98 x15 vCORE =1.3625. BUT i ran pcmark04 again and i only got 4365... what happened?

I'm assuming it auto set the memory ratio down to 5:4... maybe run CPU-Z and check to see if I'm right.

the memory is still at 1:1. RIght now its 225 x 15 @3375mhz. FSB is 900 mhz accoring to cpu-z

Ok, see if it'll do 227 FSB (3.4 gig). At some point you'll have to start raising voltages. Perhaps set the vcore and vdimm up one notch each and try 230 FSB.

well, i went to do it in the bios, and i cant, there are no options for. Do i need to get a new bios before i proceed?

This morning i added some stuff and cleaned up my wires. Right now i have 3 input fans and 2 out put fans, the 100% copper zalman heat sink and i bundled all my wires and ran them behind my mobo tray. i still dont know how to OC using the bios... help?

Last edited:
Oh yeah i have new temps to post

NO LOAD
case= 28c
proc= 31c

FULL LOAD
case= 28c
proc- 39c

also, with the new ventalation my pcmark score went from 4365 to 4460.

so i have been playiny around with the bios and right now im at 3300mhz, fsb 220. but my memory is at 3:2. im going to see if its stable by playign some nfsu2

my fsb is 235 and its running at 3524mhz, but pcmark crashes just over half way through. WHats happening and how do i fix it? :)

well im stable at 3.4 ghz ran pcmark04 a few times, 3dmark03 a few times, super pi 8m a few times, then i folded over night, its been 12 hours and its fine. But i want more. what can i do?

Back