• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Pentium 4 3.0e Ghz / Asus P4p800 Se Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
vcore is 1.3625

Where would i find vdimm in the bios?, i searched and i cant find it, i found something like ddr...voltage... i dont know.

Yep, DDR voltage=vdimm. Ok, with 1.36v you have lots of overhead room for overclocking. Bump up the vcore and see what happens. I would think that up to 1.4v should be perfectly safe (but just go one step at a time). Just watch temps. You ought to get 3.6 gig out of that system.

ok its ddr reference voltage. should i increase my vdimm?

what speed should i set my ram at, or should i leave it on auto

ok for vdimm i have [2.55, 2.65, 2.75, 2.85, AUTO] what should i do?

In cpuz heres what i get for memory

Freq = 156.6mhz
FSB:DRAM 3:2
CAS# Latency 3.0 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay 4 clocks
RAS# Precharge 4 clocks
Cycle time (tras) 8 Clocks

You are using the 3:2 memory ratio, so your RAM is running slow. Change that to 5:4 ratio if you have PC3200 RAM (320 setting in the Asus BIOS). I would use DDR voltage of 2.65v right now. Leave the timings where you have them for now too. You can fine tune the timings later after you find the limits of your system.

3465mhz
fsb 231 x 15
vcore 1.3750
vdimm auto
pcmark04 4915

now i change the fsb to 235, ran pcmark04 and it crashed, so i upped the voltage to 1.3875 and it worked fine

3525mhz
fsb 235 x 15
vcore 1.3875
vdimm auto
pcmark04 5006

im goign to do what u just told me to do batboy, AND THANKS FOR THE AMAZING HELP AND INFORMATION you have given me

3525mhz
fsb 235 x 15
vcore 1.3875v
vdimm 2.65v
ram freq 5:4
pcmark04 5100

no load temp 26c
full load temp 33c

im going out now, but ill be be back in 10 hours, im going to torture my comp:)

Excellent. Looks like you've increased the PCmark2004 score by 1,000 points. That's a nice performance increase.

Im not sure what ram your using but use the latest cpu-z to find the rams real timings and to see what they are running at, i guess your ram does 2-3-3 not the 3-4-4 its running at as this is what happened when i used the A.I booster software it changed my timings.

in the mem tab of cpuz the timings are 3-4-4-8. but under the spd tab the timgings are 3-3-3-8. what should i do?

If you are comfortable that your rig is running perfectly stable at the current settings, then try the 3-3-3-8 timings. If that works, it will give you a little more performance.

in the bios

DRAM CAS# Latency
DRAM RAS# Precharge
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay
DRAM PRECGARGE DELAY
DRAM Burst Length

how should i set these up?

also, what about DRAM idle timer and DRAM refresh rate

The first three should be set at three. Look at your CPU-Z and match them up. Basically for now, just set the two "4" timings to "3" and try that.

As i suspected the a.i booster raised your timings.
In the bios i think go into chipset features and change "By speed" to "manual" and set the top three timings to a value of 3.

done, pcmark 5157. What is a good tourture test? and my vcore is at 1.4, is that safe?

my oc isnt stable anymore, i keep getting random crashes. some times during superpi and prime95, and sometimes while doing nothing at all. what can i do?

Ok, was it stable before you lowered the timings? Try going back to the 3-4-4-8 timings and check.

A buddy of mine recently build a new machine around the P4P800-SE and a 2.4B Northwood and the Zalman 7000 all-copper HSF. He claimed to squeeze a little more OC out of it and help stability by adding a small cooling fan onto the northbridge chip's heatsink. I think he's getting around 3.2 or 3.3GHz out of it, which is pretty impressive.

Back