• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel's Math Kernel Library

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

memphist0

Just curious if anyone here has any experience using Intel's MKL. I'm looking into it to do some signal processing and was wondering what you alls experience with might have been.

I haven't used it, but I'm very curious. Could you provide a link to it?

I have used Intel's free non-commercial C++ compiler in linux for my scientific computations, and it makes much faster code than other compilers. It makes me wonder if their compiler uses this MKL or something similar ... -- Paul

Hmm, looks a little pricy ... It looks like it's royalty-free, at least, but I'd be shy of getting dependent on their libraries in the 30 days of free use ...

Does sound pretty cool, though! And I guess a one-time, $200 fee isn't that bad if you do plan to use it quite often... -- Paul

The AMD one seems free, and might be worth a shot if you get an AMD system. 40MB download though, so not good for 56Kers......

JigPu

Ah, that's really great to hear! :)

Nice thing about the Intel compilers is that they do work on any x86 architecture, AMD included. Actually, they make some blazingly fast code. Can't beat that "free" price tag for the linux non-commercial version! I use it for all my research now.

Let us know how the AMD stuff works out for you! (If you do download it.) -- Paul

The MKL is free for more than 30 days if you sign up for their beta program. I've donwnloaded it but haven't had a chance to try it out.

Nice to know about the AMD library, didn't realize they had one.

Blah. I downloaded the AMD library but can't find a list of functions it has :confused: From what the description file says, it seems to have several higher end math functions (dot products, DFT, etc). However, I can't think of a use for any of them yet so I deleted it for another day. Could be handy if I had to use some of the stuff though...

JigPu

Not just graphics stuff but almost any type of scientific or signal processing needs matrix and vector operations.

Back